Elleigh had her first Junior High Girl’s Basketball game tonight and they won! I did not get any good shots at the game so maybe I will get some at future games. They play every Monday and some Thursdays and some weekend tournaments now through February. Yes, we will be playing lots of basketball! Girl’s Basketball is huge here! They begin playing at 5 and training them to be Lady Panthers. They are intense!!! A made the comment on the way to the game that there probably would not be a lot of people there. Wrong! You could not move and the game was an hour drive each way! Ell has only played Upward until now which has been quite an adjustment. Don’t get me wrong, Upward is a great program, just very different than “regular” basketball. I am very proud that Elleigh has stuck it out and is trying her best to make the adjustments. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that in a new place, especially as serious as they are here about their girls basketball and the coach is tough, realllllly tough. I admire her courage and determination!
These are some pics I took of her before school today. This is what they have to wear on game days. The shoes are just awful! HA!
And a close up! I will try and get some shots at the games soon. I will have plenty of chances!
No comments:
Post a Comment