Tuesday, March 8, 2011

“Stuff”

I love that word.  I use it whenever I don’t have the right word to use.  So, because I don’t have a title for all the random “stuff” in this post, it is titled “Stuff”!

We are on week 3 of sickness at the Hall House….  Maybe that is why I can’t come up with anything more creative than “Stuff”.  Sallie and I began with nasty colds.  Oh, I just realized she had a stomach bug before that so really this makes week 4.  3 sounds less depressing!  Anyway, then she had the mysterious virus that will not leave our house!  She was sick 4 days with that.  We both got better and then Millie comes down with said mysterious virus.  We take her to the Dr and come back with the same diagnosis as Sallie.  She has it for 5 days.  In the meantime, I get sick again with the crud, only worse this time.  At my sickest, Lizzie starts running fever and that brings us to today which is  Day 3 of Lizzie’s sickness.  They run really high fevers and have terrible colds.  Now A and Ell have the nasty colds and I am finally beginning to feel better. 

On a brighter note, next week is Spring Break!  I hope we are all well!  The Hall’s are coming for the week and we are very excited about that.  It is always great to have someone come to visit us!  Elleigh is skipping out on us on Wed and headed to the beach with a FW friend.  Can you believe it?  I am jealous!

A is in Greek right now.  He is taking it online.  Greek in the Hall House=MUCH STRESS.  Enough said!  Prayers greatly appreciated…

Gas is $3.50 a gallon!!!  That was on Saturday and I have not been to town since so it is probably more now.  Did I mention we live 10 miles one way from town?  And 60 miles from big town (AKA where WM is!).  I have a feeling this summer I will be looking back at this post and wishing gas was $3.50/gallon.

A is headed to Walk to Emmaus tomorrow.  It is really big in this area and he has never been so he is anxious to see what it is all about.  They have a separate walk for the pastors.  I pray that it is time for him to reflect and draw closer to the Lord without other distractions.  Many people have a huge misconception that this is what pastors do every day.  Wrong!  The distractions are endless and Satan works overtime on them. 

Church is going good.  We are finishing up some renovations to our upstairs to make more room for educational space.  We are looking at other solutions in the future as well.  We are closer to getting a bus!  We are seeing change in our kids through our Children’s Programs and they are beginning to really “get it”.  It is very exciting to see!  We were out 2 weeks from Awana because of the snow and the kids were very eager to get back.  I love to see that!  I have shared before that we have some kids who give us problems on Wed nt and they spend some time with A correcting them or worse case they go to the office with me!  I heard A tell one of them the other night that if they did not stop what they were doing they had to go see me and they said, “oh no!”  I love it!  Anyway, all of that to say that despite the constant discipline we have to give to them they love us.  We see them at school or in town and they run to us and hug us and say “there’s the preacher or there’s the church lady.”  It proves that children do crave discipline.  We praise God for all the exciting things He is allowing us to be a part of! 

The Church in Africa has a name.  It is Jesus is the Way Baptist Church.  That is the name that the natives chose and now it will be registered with the government.  Very exciting! 

I am constantly amazed at how mean teenage girls are!  Sad thing is many of them call themselves Christians which makes me even more frustrated.  My teenager is not perfect but she she better not be mean!  I pray I never have a mean girl!  I know with 4, the possibility is there but I sure hope we are able to teach them better.  I think so much of it stems from us being such self centered people.  We are so focused on ourselves we don’t care enough about others to be kind and decent to them.  Just a thought. 

I am sure there is more “stuff” I have to say but that’s all the for now!

No comments: