Please join me in praying for a few things going on around us right now.
Actually I could make a VERY long list of prayer requests I currently have but I will keep it to these:
First, the wildfires in our area. It is easy to look at them and think that is terrible but when your days are filled with hearing about them popping up all around you and you find yourself trying to figure out where the smoke you smell is coming from and know people personally who are being affected and the strip on the bottom of the TV screen is telling you of all the new fires and evacuations and your 4 yr old asks questions nervously when she hears the word fire it is a whole different story. It is always windy here but not like it has been lately. I have NEVER seen winds like Friday. They are not as bad now but still blowing pretty hard which makes the fire danger higher and harder for them to fight.
RAIN! I have never seen winds like these nor have I ever seen land this dry. Obviously we need rain because of the fires. We get the wind and everything east of us gets the rain. Wheat is the main crop grown in our area and non existance of rain has taken a huge toll. This is so many in our areas livelihood and it affects everything… Less money coming in and higher prices… A got an email from Texas Baptist Men last week and they were trying to gather hay for the farmers and ranchers who had fire losses and needed to feed their cattle. The problem here with those not affected by the fires is that our farmers and ranchers need the hay they have because they don’t have anything else to feed their cattle because of the lack of rain.
I know God knows all of this and I know He is STILL in control but I think these are things we forget to pray about sometimes until they become REAL to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment