Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Randomness

I really should write down all the things I need to blog because life happens and I get caught up and then I can’t remember and you get randomness.  That is a word, isn’t it? 

A and I went to a pastor/wife retreat this past weekend.  It was short but good.  It was great for us to just get away and reflect and as they pointed out to us it was nice to be in that setting and not have to be in charge of something.  That was nice for a change!  Probably my favorite part of the retreat was going back over our call to vocational ministry.  The topic of the retreat was Preserving your Passion.  The speaker asked us to get alone and talk back through our call.  The point being that when ministry gets really tough and we question it all that thinking back over our call will be one of the things we need to do.   There have been times when I thought it would have been easier for us to be called earlier in our marriage but it was a process and I am thankful for how it all played out.  We refer to our call often but it was good to sit down and remember it all together.  Saturday he touched on several things I have really been struggling with.  God is great! 

The girls went to Melbie’s while we were at the retreat.  It is wonderful for the girls to have a place to go that they love and we know they are happy and we do not have to worry about them.  Lizzie and Millie wanted to pack their own bags for Melbies.  It was one night and so I let them do it (yes, I know I am losing it!)  I had to take a picture of their bags.  This completely sums up how different they are.  Millie’s bag is to the left with 2 items.  Lizzie’s is on the right with who knows how many items!  I love them both!!!

IMG_6448

Melbie asked the girls what they wanted for dinner on Fri nt and Lizzie told her that she wanted steak and that they never had steak!  Way to work it preacher’s kid!  BTW, Melbie did not give in! 

I think we may have been in TX too long!  My man is getting cowboy boots!  Not sure how I feel about it, but he is…  Not just any pair of boots but custom, handmade boots.  One of the men in our church insisted that he take him and get him some handmade boots.  This is quite a treat and I am very thankful that he would show A his appreciation for him in this way and I actually have a feeling I might like them!  I draw the line with a cowboy hat though!!!  NO!  It takes a while for them to be made so we are not sure when he will get them. 

We had a banquet last night for all those who have been to Namibia and for those going on the June trip.  It was just a time of celebration and updates on where we are in the process, future plans, etc.  Aaron and Elleigh are counting the days!  I admit I am excited for them but a little jealous!  I would LOVE to be able to go with them.  They currently have 12 team members plus a rep from Texas Baptist Men will be with them to look at ways to help the people there grow their own food and several IMB missionaries will be with them to look at everything as well.  Please pray for the people of Namibia.  They are experiencing a lot of flooding and have had some deaths.

Sallie was not happy that we had other plans on HER therapy night.  She knows our schedule and she knows that Mon is therapy.  She comes in from school signing talk which is what she has used for therapy for a while.  With such apprehension for “medical” settings we are extremely thankful she loves therapy! 

Only God could put these 2 together!  We love Mrs. Trish!!!  She is always dressed really cute with cute jewelry and if you know Sallie you know this is a major plus!IMG_5619 

I actually have not been sewing.  Sad, I know.  I have been thinking more on ideas but have not put anything into action yet.  I just haven’t had enough down time to sew.  I have a bag for a baby gift for a shower coming up in the next month so I have got to practice enough to not mess it up!

I may need professional therapy by the end of this week.  Elleigh got her HIGH SCHOOL schedule yesterday and we register Lizzie for KINDERGARTEN on Thursday.  Seriously,  I am not doing well with this at all.  I really do not think I can send Lizzie to school…  I have weighed holding her back because of her late birthday over and over and over and……….  BUT I know I can’t with her.  She is already mature for her age and it really would not be the right move.  As for Elleigh going to HS, no choice there.   Enough of that.  I can’t talk about it for long…  I am a mess over my babies growing up!

No comments: