Several of you have asked for me to share pics of our home. I have been waiting until everything was just like I want it. WELL, I came to the realization that may never happen! SO, I share as is. I will also share the things that need doing or I would like to do in certain areas and then I will show you the improvements as they happen (maybe!).
We do love our home! God has blessed us greatly with a nice spacious home. Of course, as I have shared before we were able to take part in the improvements and make it our own. For that I am extremely grateful and realize I may never have that opportunity again.
This is our front porch. It is between seasons in my pots. Not yet ready to plant for spring. The bench on the front porch was an original pew from the original church here. When we were doing some clean up in our upstairs at church there were some of these and they needed moving out to make more space so I got one of them. It is ours so I think it will be neat to take with us wherever the Lord takes us and have that from the first church we served full time. The wind blows here like crazy most all the time so I pick up those cushions a lot!
Foyer
One of many shots from the Living Room. It is HUGE! You can see from this pic that ceilings are cathedral which makes the room even more spacious. The opening that you see is into the kitchen which I like because you can be in the kitchen but still see well into the living room (major plus with kids). The bookshelves you see are built in. I have debated painting them white but I go back and forth?
Still in the living room. The door to the left is to a small hallway that leads to Elleigh and Sallie’s bedroom and the girl’s bathroom. I have also debated on painting those doors white but I kinda like the dark stain. Can’t decide. Then there is the other set of built ins. The entry to the right is to Lizzie and Millie’s room.
It is so hard to really portray the living room because of it’s size. This is from the other side looking into our dining room. Still LOVE the green in the DR and Kitchen!
This area is part of the living room but we put the desk over there and our book shelves and it is slightly separated.
This view is from the area in the previous picture. It is a really big open area. At first I felt like it was just too open. I think I would eventually like to have another one of the leather chairs and a big rug to kinda close it in. BUT, I love the open space. The girls can run and play and it has been great. The fact that the room we spend so much time in is so spacious and has the open space really helps since the girls and I are home every day. Makes us feel a lot less stir crazy! I feel like I can just breathe better!
Lizzie and Millie’s room. I was worried about painting pink but it really is a light pink and I have not gotten tired of it yet. The brown on the bottom helps too. I just did not want pepto bismol pink and it is not like that at all. Still no curtains in here which I for sure want to do soon. Just have not found anything I really like in there. I will probably end up making them but I haven’t really spent much time looking for fabric. Maybe soon!
There is a ceiling fan in there and I would like to replace it with a chandelier
Ignore the streaked mirror and the clothes coming out of the drawers! The dolls on the dresser are ones that A brought them from Africa. I want to do some pics of the 2 of them together from birth to present in cute frames on the dresser but haven’t taken the time to do that either. Once again, maybe soon!
Upclose of the bedding. Also, I love the way the personalized wall décor turned out.
Elleigh and Sallie’s room. Still a good bit I would like to do in there. The pictures make these wall colors a little brighter than they actually are. No curtains in here either. Same thing as in the little girls room. Just haven’t found anything I love… I need a nightstand for in there and lamp. We have a couple more things to hang on their walls. I love the quilts on their beds. The was so well and I love the colors. Not sure where Ell’s pillow is in this pic. I just noticed that. They need some cute shams and I actually have fabric for throw pillows that I haven’t made. Ell’s bed is to the right and we had not used the mattress or bed in several yrs so after we moved we realized we no longer had the box springs to her bed so we need to replace them which would lift her bed.
Pretty sure have shared some pics of the girl’s bathroom before but not sure it was after I made the valance. The colors in this bathroom all revolve around this fabric. I found it and fell in love with it. The shower has glass doors so no shower curtain. I painted the cross. I am NOT an artist!
Also painted the “funky” H. Once again, not an artist. Both the canvases had something else on them which no longer matched anything so I just decided to play with them and these were the results.
The kitchen. It is pretty much finished. I would LOVE to replace the lights in here. They provide a lot of light but not very pretty! Again, maybe one day! It might mess up the ceiling too much to fool with repairing. In case you were wondering, no we do not normally have a drink dispenser on the bar! We were having a SS fellowship at our house and were getting ready for it when this pic was taken.
Our bedroom. The paint color in here is darker than it shows in this picture (and more gray) I really have not done much of anything in here until lately and still have things I would like to do. I need to get some hold backs for the panels. I need some throw pillows. I have in my mind what I want but it is hard to match and I really haven’t put much time into looking. I want a nightstand on the other side of the bed, replace the lamp and do a matching lamp on the other table. We also plan for A to build a headboard. I need to incorporate some more of the red in either the headboard or the throw pillows. I love how this turned out above our bed! We hung it a little high to leave room for the headboard. The plan is for this to be just above the headboard.
Our bathroom! I have had mixed reaction to this bathroom. From some who say the LOVE it to one man who walked in and said “who in the world wanted this red?!” To which I said “ME!” as I laughed!!! To begin with I admit it took some getting used to even for me because it is red and different but I really love it now. No window treatment in there either but I did see fabric I want to use the other day so now I just have to decide the style and make it.
We hung the cross hangers where some other hangers were to prevent having to patch those places and make new ones but they may have to be moved up. I am waiting to decide what type of curtain to do.
Yes, the cabinets are painted black. I love them also. They do show everything though… I really wanted to do glass knobs but they were too pricey for the amount I needed. I did not do pics of them. But there are 2 more sets of cabinets in this bathroom. This vanity top needs to be redone and we have all the stuff, just got to do it. Also, A is going to do a trim around this mirror like he did in the girls bathroom. I will be glad to have that done.
And this is our utility room. Not so beautiful but it too is spacious which is nice for all our laundry! I hang a lot of our clothes to dry so I love that it has a rack for hanging clothes. I have always had to hang them all over the house. You cant see it but there is a sink to the left and also another fridge. This area is not very wide but long.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!
2 comments:
LOVE the home tour!! I don't "feel" like doing one of my own :( feels more like a chore right now. I might have to ask what those green and blue colors are in E & S's room because Jason and I talking about doing green on the bottom and blue on the top of the boys room and do a Toy Story buzz light year theme for their bedroom. Love and Miss you bunches!
LOVE it all!!! Beautiful and definitely reflects you in all of it! (I think you are much more of an artist than you give yourself credit!) Although I love them all, my fave room is your red bathroom...I love the shower curtain and the gray accents! I know y'all are enjoying it! Love You!!! :)
Post a Comment