NOT for the girls (well kinda!)
THIS TIME MAMA GOT A NEW TOY!!! Well, new to me anyway!
If you asked me what was at the top of my dream list it would be 2 things-a really nice camera with a great zoom lens and an embroidery machine.
Mark one off the list!!!
A few weeks ago a sweet lady in our church called me and she said “Cameron, do you monogram the girls clothes yourself?” I replied, “no, unfortunately not” and her reply “I am getting a new embroidery machine and I want to give you mine” I was beside myself!!! I called A and his response was “great, my underwear will be monogrammed!” Good idea babe! I need a lot of practice! He really is thrilled for me.
She told me she would get it to me in the next week or so. She was having it serviced so there was a little delay in getting it to me. Sunday she brought it and we were not going to be home after church for her to show me how to use it so she said she would come out on Thurs (yesterday). It has been a rough ministry week. Just dealing with a lot that you would just rather never have to deal with… I have asked A at least twice this week if we really can do this? Don’t misunderstand, we are very blessed by our ministry here and most of the time things are really smooth but sometimes what we are called to do is just not easy. All of that to say that the timing of me actually getting my hands on the embroidery machine was perfect. Please do NOT think I am saying that God always sends us material items when things are not going great are we are dealing with tough issues. However, yesterday morning as I was getting excited about my new toy arriving that day I could not help but think of how much our God cares for us. I needed to be reminded of how blessed we are and of Godly individuals who care for us so much. Most of all I needed to be reminded of how much HE cares for us. Not because I was “getting something” but simply because he knows us so well and He cares more than we will ever be able to comprehend. Do I NEED the embroidery machine? No, but I believe God cares enough to sometimes give us those desires. I do not deserve it but I am very thankful for my new toy!
The sewing machine itself is great and then the embroidery component is icing on the cake! I have to get a table to put it on because I do not want to take it up and down and I am going to make room for it in a little nook that is in our bedroom. I have a lot of practicing to do before I am ready to use it for real. Of course now I have more on my wish list. It just has a couple of basic fonts and I want the cutesy fonts which means additional software. I would love to use it to appliques so I got a lot to figure out. I have tons of projects in my head! The machine also does some heirloom stuff which turned on another light bulb in my head. I probably should pray that my blessing does not become an obsession. Yesterday afternoon I was playing with it and I was just sitting there watching it embroider and smiling when it occurred to me that my sweet family might appreciate me getting up and cooking for them!
If the blog is abandoned, know that I am sewing and embroidering!
3 comments:
I know how LOOONG you have wanted one and I am SO thrilled for you!! And you make me laugh and I loved what A said hahaha! Praying for you guys and your ministry! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Yes you do! Need anything monogrammed, just send it my way! Thank you so much for the prayers. Btw, I was in a hurry when I saw your recent pic on fb and meant to go back and comment but you look great! Can't believe you only have 3 weeks left!
I accidentally ended up here and never knew you wrote. I always forget to have the comments sent to my email. oh well, I'm here now and you best believe if I want something monogrammed I will send it your way!! LOVE YOU FOR OFFERING!! And Thanks for the sweet comment....I probably look better than I feel!! NOW 2 weeks left and counting down...Thank you God, it's almost over!
Post a Comment