We knew IT would happen eventually and IT did! Ell and Sall went back to school and Lizzie started.
Last Friday we had meet the teacher for K. Lizzie is showing off her “rest” towel. I knew they did not take a nap but I found out a couple of weeks ago they needed a rest towel. My first question was “does it have to be a towel?” I am thinking my baby needs something a little more comfy to lay on! Ha! She informed me she would not be laying on a TOWEL! Well after asking and finding out it had to be a towel because of space issues I informed her she WOULD be laying on a towel. She said “mama, you want me to sleep on a towel?!” I told her it was only to rest, not sleep and we would make her towel cute so here it is and she was good! YES, we have a long rode with this girl!
I
Elleigh was very nervous BUT she got in the car yesterday and said her first day was AMAZING! Thank you Lord! Today may be a different story when she has to run in athletics today and it is 110 degrees! I feel for them! Anyway, I felt like she would do better in high school. The atmosphere is different, the classes are smaller and a little more concentrated with some electives to choose from, etc. She gets to be around the upper classmen more and she enjoys that.
Sallie wanted to go and was excited when we got there but not so excited when she figured out she wasn’t going back to her old classroom with her old teacher. They said she did not cry long at all so that is good and that she had a good day. This morning she wanted to go but REALLY cried when she got there. She tries so hard not to cry but she just can’t help it. One of the teachers has already sent us a text and said she had settled down and was good. Please pray for her mind to be settled each morning and for the separation from us to not be so hard on her.
Lizzie is doing great! We walked her to her class first yesterday morning (only morning we could walk her to class) and Sallie pushed her in her classroom and told her to sit in her chair. She (Sallie) then waved by to Lizzie’s teacher and class and moved on! I guess she thinks she is big girl on campus! Lizzie looked at us with tears in her eyes but her teacher said she didn’t cry other than in GYM! She told me it was hot and she did not want to be in there. Yep, sounds like Lizzie! Of course she knew everything already! She told me that the speaker said “they needed to be there by 8:30” She was listening but she had her time a little wrong! Then she told us that if we needed to know anything about ballgames just to ask her and that there was one last night. Once again, she had her facts a little messed up! Last night she told me that on the speaker they said they could not wear feathers. She did have that right! Last week when I found out her teacher it was not the one who I had heard was great. Not that the one she got was bad just not the one I had heard was “great” We are not allowed to formally request a teacher but I have been told that we can give our input. We decided we would let the Lord handle it. Well, when it didn’t go the way I thought it would I then was not so happy with how the Lord had handled it! But I remembered saying I would let the Lord handle it and that means giving Him complete control! Now I really think her teacher is the best fit for her. Also, I had worried (something else I shouldn’t do!) about her not knowing anyone in her class since we are not “from here". I knew the girls she had danced with were not in her class. Turns out a little girl and a little boy who were in her class on Wed nts at church last year (they do not attend our church other than Wed nts) are both in her class! HE really does “handle it” ALL! Today she was ready to go and walked down to her classroom all by herself. She did say she did not want to go back to gym! I am sure there will be more stories to tell around 3 today!
Millie really did better than I expected. I woke them up yesterday morning and the first words out of her mouth were “let’s put make-up on” The lady who keeps them at church on Sunday nts helped Millie make a list of what she and I could do while Lizzie was in school and at the top of the list was make-up! I told her we would have to wait until we got home from taking the girls to school and she replied, “after we go to the Super Stop (local conv. store) and get a sausage biscuit” Ell said, “I guess she is going to live it up while we are gone!” She was sad when we left the school but the sausage biscuit and chocolate milk made it all better! She did well for a couple of hours and then the boredom hit and you could tell that she felt lost. For the first couple of hours I could see that she was enjoying being able to play without having to share or be told what to do but that didn’t last long. Around 11 she began to beg me to go get the girls and she could not understand why we couldn’t go get them right now! So, that went on until about 2:30 when we finally went to get them. When Lizzie and Millie first re-united after school they seemed to not really know what to say to each other and then they went in to comparing their day and trying to “one up” each other but before long they were playing like normal. Millie seems to be very emotional this morning so I am thinking it will be a LONG day! Prayers please!
A of course is not as emotional as me about this but he for sure has his moments and doesn’t handle them growing up so well!
I think I did better than I thought I would. I really think it is because I know I have to hold it together for Millie (at least a little!)
Getting ready for her make-up yesterday!
All finished!
Millie wanted a pic of us together and since know one else was home we resorted to this! My face tells on me! YES, there were tears because IT happened!
Thanks for bearing with me through this “wordy” post! I never want to forget what they say and do! Also, Millie just told me that Lizzie told her last night that there is a Jr High game in 3 days which is correct so I guess she was getting the facts straight!
No comments:
Post a Comment