Monday, September 12, 2011

3 Weeks In and Other “Stuff”

It really seems like the girls have been in school forever but we now have 3 weeks down.  How is it going?

Elleigh really is liking high school (most days :)).  The drama is not quite as bad but still there.  I tell her it is not a lot different with grown women, unfortunately… She is making great grades!  100 on her first Algebra test!!! 

Sallie cried some the first week, better the second, and last week I think the new had worn off.  One of her teachers told me that Sallie had “attitude” with her because she was working her so hard and not giving her much free time!  Yep, that’s Sallie!  It’s that time of year and all our allergies are flared up and of course Sallie’s are terrible.  So, she was sent home sick one day last week and then stayed home the next.  I was hoping we would make it through the first six weeks without being sick but we didn’t.

Lizzie is doing great!  It is so much fun to see all the new things she is learning.  I had forgotten how much going to school changes them.  She really is different.  So much more grown up.  Makes me sad!  They have begun sight words and she thinks there is nothing she can’t read!  She is up and raring to go every morning.  She had a stomach virus Sat nt and yesterday so here we go…  She was better and went to school today. 

Millie has her ups and downs!  The first week was a sweet time for us.  The last 2 have been much more challenging.  Of course we haven’t been in a normal schedule with having the twins, etc but things are settling down now so we will see how it goes.  She gets bored.  It is just very different for her (and me).  She and Lizzie spend the first hour they are together comparing their day (and often trying to “one up” each other!) and then once they get that out of the way they pick up right where they left off and have that same bond they have always had which makes me happy!

One of the many ways I try to keep Mill entertained! IMG_7844

Other than trying to get in the school groove again:

We had our first night of Awana this week with 48 kids and we had about 10 regulars who could not be there that night so I am anxious to see this week! We are at least 9 miles in any direction to the nearest towns so we are thrilled with those numbers.  PRAISE GOD! We have begun Wed. nt supper and the bus we purchased a few months ago is picking up kids on Wed. nts so we have some changes but overall I think the first night went smoothly. 

Myself and 9 other ladies from our church went to hear Beth Moore Live this weekend.  We had a great time and God really spoke through her to me.  He always will, IF I will listen!  We were at the live site but it was her simulcast.  There were over 9,000 women at the live site and over 181,000 people worldwide!  That’s a lot of people hearing the word of God proclaimed in one day! 

I love to use my crock pot.  I use it a lot on Sundays so that I do not have to cook when we get home from church (or at least not the whole meal) and sometimes I use it during the week because depending upon what we have going on in the afternoons there is not always time for me to cook.  I am always looking for new recipes.  I am loving Crock Pot Girls!  Yesterday I tried this recipe for chicken that I found on Pinterest.  I know it is old news but I just in the past couple of weeks gave in to peer pressure and joined pinterest.  YES, I love it!  The recipe is: 

Cream Cheese Chicken:

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 8 oz cream cheese, and 1 packet dry italian dressing mix.  Place all in crock pot and cook on high 4-5 hrs or on low 8-9 hours.  It has a great flavor!  I served with egg noodles but it would be really good with rice also.  It makes a really good sauce. 

Last but certainly not least, I ask that you PRAY for the twins.  I can not share any details but please pray for their protection, for their current caregiver to be changed, for the hearts and minds of those who were caring for them as they are hurting, and for our family.  We are broken right now… 

No comments: