I keep thinking I will begin blogging more frequently because I tend to miss things when I try to put it all in one week but somehow it just isn’t happening. Millie needs a lot of attention! We are still not in a good routine. Maybe one day we will get there.
The days pass so quickly and then it is time for us to go into town to pick up the rest of the girls and once we all get home it is pretty much chaos until bedtime.
Lizzie has been so tired the last week. Poor baby, on top of being tired we are ruining her life (AT 5!) Yesterday when I picked her up from school she runs to me and the first words out of her mouth were “can I go to Girl Scouts tomorrow night? The speaker said they meet tomorrow night in the cafeteria.” GREAT! She told Ell when she got home yesterday “I’m a girl scout now!” Well, we decided we just weren’t sure about diving into that right now (for numerous reasons) SO, when we told her we weren’t going it was not good! “Why can’t I go? Everyone else is going!” AT 5!!! About 30 minutes later she says, “Did you see the circus ticket in my folder? It gets you in for free and you get free food. SO, are we going? I said “Lizzie it is for tonight and tomorrow night, it is in Wichita Falls (hr away) and Daddy has visitation tonight and we have church tomorrow night” Her response: “first you won’t let me go to Girl Scouts and now this! I never get to go anywhere” PRAY FOR US PEOPLE, PRAY!
Speaking of going, we DID NOT GO this past Saturday. Our weekends have been full and the next month or more is no different. SO, this past Saturday we had nothing on the calendar so we took full advantage of it! We had not all had a day together since football season began and we love watching football together and just having a lazy day which are few and far between these days.
It is not often A gets to do this! One of the girls asked if he was going to the church that day and I quickly responded NO!
We made porcupines! They were delicious as normal! Notice our new table (new to us) A family in our church needed to move this one from their grandmother’s house and offered it to us for more seating! Yes, thank you! It could be re-done and we are still trying to decide about that. It did not have chairs with it so we are using our old ones which we have several more of in storage. It has 2 more leaves so it really will seat a lot of people which we need at times. Praise God for blessings like this!
It was a fun do nothing day (but eat and watch football!)
I know I have said it a million times but Millie is hilarious! You just never know what she will say and daily she says some crazy things which is part of the reason I need to blog more often because I just can’t remember all the Millie stories. Yesterday we were playing babies and she brings me her baby and says “Will you take care of my baby and feed her? Here is her diaper bag with toys in it in case she cries.” Me: “what is her name” Millie: “Laya” (her babies names are always out there) AND they all have different last names. Once again, prayers please! She walks off and then comes back and says “I need my gun out of the diaper bag so I can pew all the bad people on my way” Not sure where she was on her way too but apparently she anticipated trouble!
On a more serious note, we need prayers for Sallie (and us). I mentioned in an earlier post about her sinus/allergy issues. Those issues turned into ear issues. We took her last week to her Pediatrician and he looked in there and said we needed an ENT. Her ENT is 3 hrs away so he said he would go down the hall and talk to the ENT there and see if he would take a look. He agreed to see us. He did some suctioning and said there was indeed infection in there and that he also thought there was cholesteatoma which we had suspected when we looked in there the day before to see what we thought was going on. We also suspected MRSA (staph infection) because she has had it in there before and it seemed a lot like that. They cultured both ears and called today to change up her meds because it was indeed staph in one ear and 2 types of bacteria in the other ear. We will be seeing her regular ENT for his assessment of the possible cholesteatoma once the infection is cleared up some. Also, in the past this type of infection was very difficult to clear up so that is a major prayer request. The thoughts of starting this cycle is not fun but we will trust Him! Thank you for your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment