For the few readers I may still have, I am still here! I have not blogged because we don't have a life but rather a little too much life lately. Our lives has seemed to be filled the past few weeks with "stuff" that seems to consume you. IT WEARS ON YA'!
First thinking about the twins and their well-being and the mark they left in our family... I know it is out of our control and we have to pray and pray and pray but it wears on ya'.
Then to Sallie and her ear issues. We go back on Monday but I know the infection is not gone. Not sure what we will do if it is indeed not gone by Monday. We have been here many, many times before and it wears on ya'
Ministry consumes you in so many ways that I never got. I GET IT NOW! Couples with this struggle, couples with that struggle, a man with this issue, a woman with that issue, realizing just how many problems are in this very broken world, feeling like the church (universal) is failing in so many ways and trying to figure out how to be a part of changing that, and the list goes on and on and on. Do not get me wrong, we are called to this and we have a heart for all of it BUT it wears on ya'...
A friend of ours from FW passed away on Sunday at the young age of 46. He was such a fun-loving, caring guy and he leaves behind a sweet, sweet wife and 2 precious daughters. We went to the same church and Elleigh and their oldest are the same age and also went to school together for a few years. I think it was our 3rd Thanksgiving in FW and they had us over and I will never forget that. Holidays can be so closed to so many in terms of the thought process of holidays being for family only but we learned through families like theirs that does not have to be. It makes you feel really special to know that people are thoughtful enough to include you in their family time. They were such a great family! I say were because they are no longer complete... Life can change so quickly and this situation is beyond my comprehension. Hard to think about and it wears on ya'.
As much as it wears on ya' I think about our friend who wakes up this morning with the realization that her husband of 25 years is gone forever and that she has 2 girls to raise on her own and I feel terrible for complaining about anything! However, my heart aches for people. Don't get me wrong, our lives are far from perfect but there are a lot of real people dealing with a lot of real problems. What do we do? We pray AND we reach out to help. I think too often we feel helpless in these situations and too often we are too consumed with ourselves to help others. Do we truly love others? More than saying I love them, do we show we love them? Do we remember we are called to love everyone?
"A new COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35
The words of a great praise song by Casting Crowns, "Praise You in this Storm" keep running through my mind:
Thursday, September 29, 2011
It Wears on Ya'
"And I'll praise you in this storm
And I'll lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm"
No matter how much "It wears on ya'" GOD IS STILL GOD! I am thankful...
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I havent read your blog in such a long time because of all my computer issues, but I'm at the Harvey's and on their computer. I hate I've missed so much, but glad I got to read this post!!! I hurt for you and for your friends who are burdened! I know you know that I KNOW your struggles! I love and miss you greatly! I love my new job and I'm beyond thankful for it, but working in the real (broken/sinful) world is SO different from our wonderful little office at the Seminary...I think the Lord allows that time, so we can build the kind of friendships we have so that we can, no matter the miles btw us, support each other in a way nobody else can!!! My prayer every day is, Lord shine YOUR light thru me in the DARKNESS! I will hold y'all in my prayers...keep praying for us...R is still job hunting. Ministry prospects in the area we are moving to are really good. I'll keep you posted on that! We have found a house (Eph. 3:20-21) and will move in this weekend. Y'all will have to visit us when y'all come back to AL...we are on the way to Gulf Shores! :) Hope to talk to ya soon! Love You! :)
I love you my sweet friend! You are so right, nothing compares to that work environment. We went to an Awana conference at SWBTS on Sat and I did a lot of reminiscing! I am so thankful for the friendships there. Continuing to pray for yall! We have been burdened for yall too... I know the Lord has a plan! Talk to you soon
Post a Comment