A working on our newest project-more to come on that laterWith help from his assistant! Friday is supposed to be A’s day off and sometimes it is and sometimes it is not but last Friday he was off at least most of the day. I think Millie really enjoyed having Daddy to herself. Pretend she does not have on 2T jeans that obviously still fit in the waist but slightly short!
Building a “tall tower” as she said
Friday we were discussing dinner plans and we decided on potato soup. A then mentioned that we should try bread bowls. I love bread bowls for soups and dips but never attempted them. Over the past year we have discovered many uses for frozen bread dough, including making wonderful cinnamon rolls with it. It is really cheap and has so many uses. I do not stick to a certain brand, just whatever is cheapest. At some point I saw on the bag the idea of bread bowls. So we went for it and they were great! As you can see we made different sizes. The girls thought they were neat. I am thinking now soup will not be the same without the bread bowl!
YUMMMMMM!!!
Saturday afternoon our SS class went to see Courageous. It was a really good movie and definitely makes you think. It was also good for us to get to fellowship without our children. The movie is targeted at men but great for families in general. I have heard a lot of talk about men needing this because of this and that and I agree and they are to be the leaders of our homes in every way but I think too often as women we do not allow them to be the leaders and/or support them in that role. We need a lot of work too! Our small group is beginning the study on Sunday nights so I look forward to digging deeper into the Bible on these issues.
I saw this recipe for pumpkin bread or muffins on pinterest and wanted to try it. It is simply yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. I added cinnamon and nutmeg to mine because we love the spice. They were easy obviously and pretty good. They could have used some more spice and I am not sure what they would be like without and spices. They are not our favorite Pioneer Woman Pumpkin Spice Muffins by any means but they were good for a quick fix. I made cream cheese icing for them.OR, you could serve them plain
I get the comment quite often that our girls are so “put together”. Just in case the prior pic of Mill outside was not enough, here is further proof that they are NOT always “put together” Note: This was her own creation!
You never know what these 2 will come up with. This was their attire today after school!
Blurry but this picture has so much to say! LOTS OF PERSONALITY in this one!
Once again, poor quality but I do love it! Lizzie has been completely wiped out when she comes home from school. Today she finally found some energy to play with Millie who is just bursting at the seams every day to get her home to play with her. It is a struggle! Today they had a great afternoon together! Just like old times!
Sallie looks less than thrilled in her big sister’s shoes!
Daddy’s Home! Not sure why so many blurry shots but I just had the camera close and took these. Thankful the girls have a daddy who runs and plays with them (among many other things)!
And He’s down!
I realize Ell is nowhere in this post but I tried to catch her this afternoon as she came in between FFA Ag Issues (yes, I said Elleigh and Ag stuff in the same sentence which could be a post of its own! I am glad she is well rounded!) and FCA dinner but she does not cooperate when she is lookin’ “rough” What can I say? She got it honest!
No comments:
Post a Comment