I’ve been thinking about the pumpkin muffins below and Hello! why did I not think to use spice cake mix. I will have to try that. Friday I made pumpkin bread (yes, I love pumpkin) and it was SO good. It was perfect!
There are tons of pumpkin bread recipes. I think I will stick to this one. The taste and texture are great! Only thing that would have made it better was a pumpkin spice latte! Yes, I love pumpkin “stuff” that much! It makes 2 loaves so plenty to share! Here’s the recipe:
3 cups sugar
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
1 15oz. Can of Pumpkin puree
2/3 Cup Water
3 1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Allspice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare 2 – 9×5 baking pans with non stick cooking spray. Cream sugar and oil together. Add eggs, pumpkin and water. Sift all dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Bake for 1 hour.
A month or so ago our Men’s Brotherhood at church decided to do some work on the sidewalk leading to our house. It is just really old and did need some work. I have always wanted something done to it but have never said anything and would have never asked for it to be done. So, I was thrilled when they came up with that project on their own. In the last post you saw where A was removing the tree from the brick patio. Well, I have always wanted that tree gone too but that meant that there was either a hole there or we had to do something there. Once again, not something I would ask for. SO, when they called about the minimum on the concrete it was enough to cover that brick area too. God is so good to us in all things! The tree is now gone and the work has begun to get a new sidewalk and to extend the porch over the brick area. You will notice between the area they are working on and the house is bare beds. There were just random shrubs and flowers, etc there so we have removed all those ourselves and hopefully once this project is done we can get some shrubs in those beds. Some of our men and RAs came over Saturday to begin work on it. This picture was taken about 8 am and by 10 it was pouring RAIN!!! Yes, RAIN!!! Praise the Lord! I do want my project finished but we were thrilled to see RAIN! We got 4 inches!!! I have never been so happy to see RAIN!!! Our prayers for RAIN were answered and we are thankful!
So, our planned busy Saturday ended up a fairly lazy RAINY Sat! We made the final touches on our new church web page. Still a few more things we would like to do but after lots of work it is up and going!
Check it out www.redspringsbc.wordpress.com I have also linked it on the left side of this blog. The page is set up as a blog so we will be making regular posts and A will be posting on various topics weekly.
No comments:
Post a Comment