Thursday, November 8, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLIE!!!

Our little miracle is 6 today! Sallie's birthday brings lots of mixed emotions and memories for us. For the first few years I could hardly enjoy her b-day for being so overwhelmed by the memories of the complications with her and I still have those memories but I look at it and think how blessed we are to have her. When she was born we didn't know if she would make it to celebrate her 1st b-day much less 6. I have only cried once today and that was because A lost it when he was praying at lunch but we quickly gained our composure and kept on celebrating. We have had a great Sallie day. We started out with CHOCOLATE chip muffins for breakfast made by her wonderful big sister Elleigh, we had a party at lunch because A has class tonight. Ell and I decorated the dining room with Barbie party goods, we ate from real plates, and even drank out of goblets! Sallie loved that! I knew she would. She is such a girl. I made homeade chicken fettucine alfredo which is one of her favorites, we had garlic bread which is her absolute favorite and topped it all off with CHOCOLATE cupcakes I made after she went to bed last night and don't forget the CHOCOLATE ice cream. SALLIE LOVES CHOCOLATE! She opened all her presents and loved them. Elleigh and I had a great time planning for our little family party and getting everything together and hiding it all from Sallie. It was simple but great! Sallie loves life and is such an inspiration to all of us! She is happy doing whatever (except going to the Dr.!) I LOVE THAT GIRL!!! Thank you God for 6 years of SALLIE! So many people have been such a special part of Sallie's life and struggles and continue to be and today I am reminded of all of those people as well and thank God for placing each of them in our lives! I can't wait to see what great things God has in store for our precious girl. IT IS GOING TO BE GOOD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!

On a sidenote, so many of you are wonderful about keeping up with and praying for Aaron's mom and dad so I wanted to let you know that today they got internet service which also allows them to have phone service!!! They moved to a different city this past May and have been without these services since the move. They occasionally went to an internet cafe to e-mail or call from a pay phone but it is just not the same so we are very excited. PRAISE GOD! Now we can talk whenever we want. Thought you all might be interested in knowing that.

This is a slideshow of pics from our day!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is so happy! Cameron, you are such a wonderful mother! You and your girls are going to be your best friends when they grow up. Is there a section on your blog explaining Sallie's struggle in the beginning of her life? If not, email me, I would LOVE To know your story!

The Hall's said...

Thank you! I try but you know you feel quite often like you don't succeed. That would be a good post since everyone does not know all of Sallie's story. Some people have told me to write a book and I could but maybe I can condense it into a long blog post! I will try and work on that soon. If not, I will tell you when we get together because you know we really need to soon. Elleigh has really enjoyed being around Amber at church. We need to get them together.

Rebecca said...

We definitely HAVE to get together! This is SO funny! We live maybe 5 min form each other and we are here communicating ;p

I am happy to hear she has enjoyed Amber! Amber NEEDS positive influences and mature friends! =)