Friday, November 16, 2007

WHO NEEDS AN AMUSEMENT PARK?

This video below shows our very own version of the tea cups! Sallie is the one in the background laughing. What fun with something as simple as a storage container! It alll started the night before when Sallie started pushing Lizzie around in it and then Elleigh decided it needed a little more adventure! Who needs amusement parks or toys???

Enjoy!

By the way, I am in a much better mood! So many of you called and e-mailed to check on me and offer encouragement and that alone means so much. It is always nice to know that people do care. I know there has been lots of praying as well because I feel it! Thank you! This probably should be a different post but I feel that I need to share this so I am going to do it right here. Today when I was teaching Bible to Elleigh we were discussing how the Bible is a story and the composition of the Bible etc. and I am going to quote directly from the textbook what I was reading to her "Finally, the journey-and the story of the Bible-is about over. The sun drops down over the horizon in a beautiful sunset. The vision of God is near. The little spring that began so long ago has flowed to the sea. The sea has carried God's love to all parts of the world. Now we stand on the "other shore" of heaven with people of every tribe and nation who have received Jesus Christ as their Savior. Suddenly, even the sea is gone. We turn and look to heaven. Now we know what John meant when he said, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write:for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of water of life freely" Revelation 21:1-6. I ready it and the more I read the more I cried. This is what it is all about. When all is said for those of us who have accepted Jesus as our Savior this is what we will have. The seasons of life we go through are so temporary and this is Eternity. WOW! God reveals so much to me each and every day through so many things especially me teaching Elleigh. It is not something I didn't know already it is just that God used that to make me see something I really needed to be reminded of.

One more thing and I will end this post. The 3 little girls are all asleep so I have to go see what I can get done. I did want to share this though and I forgot to in my post on Wed. I was too busy complaining! Starbucks is a major weakness for me. One sits right on the corner as we go to and from our house and it calls our name way too often! I have to practice lots of self discipline as I sit there waiting to turn. Anyway, on Wed. I went through the drive thru to pick up a gift card for a friend of Elleigh's so I get to the speaker and the whole time I am thinking I want a peppermint mocha so bad. I have had a bad day and I know that would help (mochas really do help my feelings) but I resist. I order the gift card and nothing else. So, I get to the window to pay and as I start to drive off the guy says hey would you like a peppermint mocha for free-for real! He said I made it for the lady in front of you on mistake and you can have it. Well, hello a peppermint mocha for free! God sent me a peppermint mocha!!! Now I know that is not a need but I am always amazed at how sometimes just when we need it God sends us some wants sometimes. We are in constant conversation with Elleigh about wants vs needs. Oh, my mocha was so good!

No comments: