Sometimes things don't go quite as planned, well a lot of times at our house. I had so much planned to get done on Saturday. However, I spent my day taking care of sick babies. That's ok, just part of it. I think I am out of practice though. I used to feel like I was a full time nurse but lately the girls have been well for the most part so it actually seemed a little more overwhelming. Millie and Lizzie both had really bad colds since about the middle of last week. On Thursday Millie started running a fever and just did not feel well. She is also cutting her top two teeth so the combination was really not good for her. She wasn't sleeping well at night, etc. I always try to watch them for several days before taking them to the doctor it seems that most of the time it is something that just needs to run its course. On Saturday morning her temp was still around 102 so after going back and forth on whether to take her or wait we decided to take her in to make sure it wasn't her ears. Dr said it was just a bad cold that needed to run its course. I always get aggrevated with myself when I take them in when it is nothing that can be treated. I guess I did get a peace of mind about her ears. That was her first sick appt and she is nearly 9 months old! Praise the Lord for a healthy baby! Nearly 9 months and no antibiotics-that makes me very happy! Well you know they can't be sick one at a time so Sallie had a stomach bug on Saturday as well. Bless her heart, she threw up like crazy. It was a lovely Saturday! Sallie is much better today though and Millie is maybe a little better this afternoon. Her temp is low grade today, but she is still very fussy.
Even better with ice cream and chocolate syrup! It did not rise quite as much as I think it should have. I think Sallie and I made it fall checking on it. She could hardly wait until it was done.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans (I did not use because A will not eat)
Serve with ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.
4 comments:
Oh My......Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie....Here I come!
It was so easy to mix up and a lot of the ingredients are things you have on hand already.
it looks amazing!!! thanks for the recipe Cam. okay, so now I have the news you were waiting on...what's your email address?
sorry - the anonymous comment is from me - Laura D.
Post a Comment