For the past month I have heard so many heart wrenching stories about babies. One of a family who is facing an upcoming birth of a child who without a miracle will not survive, one of a family who is in a very rare situation with their child being removed from their home, a family who lost their 3 month old baby girl who never woke up from her nap, and then last week some old friends of ours from home lost their premature baby. As a mother who has carried a child having no idea what would happen when she was born and watching her struggle I can relate somewhat to their feelings but God allowed me to keep her and it is the loss I can't relate to. My heart is so heavy for these families. My heart is heavy yet I feel so fortunate. We never know what tomorrow may bring but for this moment I have 4 beautiful girls to hold and hearing stories of others who aren't holding their babies makes just want to hold them and not let them go. Hearing these stories makes me think twice about complaining about not having me time, or the house being a wreck because they have toys everywhere, or not being able to cook without helpers, and the list goes on of my daily complaints. We need to hold them just a little tighter and thank God for every moment we have with them.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good post! It helps put things into perspective, especially for me. I get stressed when things are messy and sometimes I need to be reminded that my kids want me more than a perfectly clean house :)
Before I know it they will be grown having their own families and I will have an empty house wishing someone had left their shoes for me to trip and fall over :)
We all get that way I think. It is tough managing several and especially all day every day and at the same time I wouldn't have it any other way (know what I mean). When I get really frustrated I try to remind myself how fortunate I am to have them and like you said that one day we will be wishing they were back in our house.
Post a Comment