Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things that make me smile (just a few of the many)

This face really makes me smile, especially when he comes home from work! HA! He makes me smile for more reasons than that but the selfish side of me does love to see him coming home! Relief!!! Every afternoon the girls have a meltdown sometime between 3 and 5 and when daddy comes home everything is all better (for a little while anyway). When he doesn't come home at 5, well I am usually not smiling! This is a sight that really makes me smile. Elleigh is not too happy when the little girls try to invade her room but there are times by special invitation only that they go into her room to play. The little girls think there is nothing like it! This was taken a month or so ago when Ell was feeling generous! Sweet, innocent face. I love a baby in the bath tub and this was one of her last times in the baby tub because she started trying to climb out so now she just sits in the tub (which doesn't make me smile-growing up too fast!)
This shows the enthusiasm Millie has for GOING! She was not happy having to watch her big sisters have all the fun and her not be able to move so now she is so happy to be able to be right in there with them and she is! She is EVERYWHERE! She mops my floors with her body and vacuums up everything that is dropped with her mouth!

Sallie sitting in a box watching TV! Who knows???
Sallie loves pigtails and since her hair is cut so short now, well the picture says it all! She loves it. No, I would not let her go out of the house like this! You can tell too that she chose her clothes-layered as usual and the top shirt is on backwards. Before this she also had on a cardigan and skirt-none of which matched!
Elleigh keeps a ponytail holder on her wrist most of the time just in case she might want to pull her hair back. So, Lizzie has started putting them on her wrist as well. She idolizes her big sisters.
The infamous Easter pictures with Lizzie crying. The thing about this that makes me smile though is Elleigh-such a diva! The child has loved the camera from the day she was born! It is funny to me that with everything going on she is still striking a pose! That's Elleigh. I won't tell you what she is saying under her breath about the way Lizzie is acting! Just let me say that I hear quite often about how they embarass her. That makes me smile too! Another Elleigh story that really makes me smile and I will probably be in trouble for telling this but oh well. A couple of weeks ago Elleigh and I were discussing how early the girls get up and I said well at least Lizzie had started coming to lay with me for a few minutes before we get up and she said really, well I don't get to lay with you and I said no because we all get up before you. Next morning, I heard her alarm at 6 o'clock and I just smiled. I knew exactly what she was doing. She had set her alarm so she could lay with me before we got up! Now that makes me smile!!!


3 comments:

The Adairs said...

love sallie's haircut! elleigh is just like her mama, that's for sure! i love it!

The May Family said...

Love that shirt Sallie has on! These are great pics! I was going to see if you might have a day to make our family photo. We need one for our missionary prayer cards. Call me if think we can work this out

The May Family said...

Love that shirt Sallie has on! These are great pics! I was going to see if you might have a day to make our family photo. We need one for our missionary prayer cards. Call me if think we can work this out