Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama!

We are back, after 2 1/2 wonderful weeks in sweet home Alabama. We all went and A stayed for several days and then flew back and the girls and I stayed longer and then drove back yesterday. I dreaded that drive so badly but it was not bad at all. I know we had lots of people praying for our trip. It went great. I could not have asked for the girls to be better and it was a very smooth, uneventful trip! We are quite tired today but we are back and packing Elleigh to leave for camp tomorrow and trying to get back into our routine. Our visit in Alabama was so much fun and actually relaxing. We always feel so rushed and this time because the girls and I got to stay longer we were not as rushed and just enjoyed it. It is always sad to leave. We looked forward to our trip for months and then it flew by but we are thankful for the time with our family and friends. I know I always say this but I feel overwhelmed each time we go home by the love of our family and dear friends who we miss so much and then I think about all our wonderful friends here and those who have moved all over the world. We are so blessed to have so many great people in our lives. Here are some of the pictures from our trip (I am including lots-you know me). There were several things we did and I forgot to take my camera (can you believe it?) so I don't have pictures of all our fun.

A and the girls taking a break from the car and looking out at the Mississippi River.How cute are they?Maggie and Elleigh dressed in garbage bags for the homeade slip n slide (no comments about AL from our TX friends!)I am probably going to be in trouble for this one but I love this picture! Sallie and Uncle Todd playing with their toy gunsOur little card sharksAdorable!Doesn't she look like the coppertone baby? Love it!
Prissy Lizzie prefers sitting and watching everyone else in the lake! She might get dirty you know!1 big kid and 2 little kids ready to ride the tubeSweet Millie in her pack n play at the lakeMaggie and Elleigh doing what they do best-relaxing!Aaron putting Lizzie in the tube to ride-she was not thrilled!As you can tell...SCARY!Ell knee boardingMillie napping at the lakeMillie loving the water!On our way to eatTired and waiting for our food after a long day at the lakeFunny-look at Millie pulling Elleigh's hair and as you can tell Zeke did not want to take a picture"I need this drill to work"Look at that face!So we attempted (as we have so many times) to take some pictures of all the kids. It was quite memorable. It was hot and ants were everywhere and gnats were in their eyes and it was hot. At least one of the kids is doing something crazy in every one of them but what can you expect with 9. These were made behind my mom and dad's house. Funny that I lived there for 18 years and over the past few years realized how beautiful it is out there. I included this first one because you can see Lizzie trying to get the gnats out of her eyes. Just a few snapshots of Lizzie

My new favorite picture of Lizzie

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

So glad you had a good time back home! I figured when I didn't see you post for a while that you had gone home. Funny, we are hoping to do the same plan as you. Richard's gonna fly back after a week and then the boys and I are planning to stay for another and then drive back. We're shooting for the end of July.
Justus is there now. He drove back last Wednesday, June 4th with the Harvey's and then Richard's brother, Robert, took him and his son, Josh, to football camp at Auburn, Sun - Wed. Justus will fly home tomorrow(Southwest-New Orleans to Dallas.) He's tired but has had fun!
Your pics are beautiful! Those pine trees make me homesick. We're having a good summer so far, though, here. Just hot and dry! Welcome Back! God Bless!
Shannon

The Hall's said...

Glad you are going to get to go home! We had a great time. I know you will too. I had never driven that by myself (with the girls) but we did fine. It was a long drive as you know but we were fine. You will be good with Justus with you. It would have been much harder without Elleigh. I bet Justus is having a ball! Elleigh flew Southwest home last year and it was cheaper but this time Aaron flew American and it was cheaper. We got a really good deal on his ticket-just perfect timing. Hope to see you soon!

Love,
Cameron

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Cam!!!!
I miss all of ya'll so much!
I can't wait to see ya'll and tell everyone I said Hey and I love them!!!!

Love,
Laura