School is back in session in the Hall house. Too bad we can't just play all the time! I really like structure so part of me is ready but we have had such a great summer and it is sad for it to come to an end. I say this is back to reality part 1 because we did start school today but as Elleigh put it this morning we have a free pre-school for this week. Nanna and Grandy are keeping the girls while Ell and I get started on school and try to get a lot done since we have no distractions. We did get a lot done today. We are both tired tonight! We are using Lifepac which is the same curriculum we used last year so no big adjustments there but we changed to Saxon math so it will take a little getting used to but so far so good. The first few math lessons are very basic and lots of review so nothing too hard (for now!). We have MOPS tomorrow and everything starts back up at church next week so we will be in full swing. Next week we will be completely back to reality with all the girls 24/7, cooking all our own meals, and the list goes on and well I just can't even talk about that right now. Nanna and Grandy leave on Monday. Like I said, I don't want to talk about it!!! Here are a few pictures from our first day of school. I will post more next week of our second first day of school. I have things lined up for all the girls to do so it should be interesting! I really hope Millie just plays but she thinks she is as big as her sisters so I know she will be wanting to do what they are doing.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Back to Reality Part 1
I have a 6th Grader! How did that happen so fast???
Dry erase board propped on Millie's high chair which also serves as my podium. It works! Board look familiar Elizabeth? I am loving having this nice big board! Thanks again!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I never cease to be amazed and inspired by you and Rebecca homeschooling! Know that I will be holding y'all in my prayers. Have a great school year! :)
oh Cameron, it all looks and sounds so familiar lol
I will post mine, but it will most likely be short (yeah, right) because I am TIRED too ;p
btw....I think you will do great at teaching Saxon Math! I really do....you are an accountant LOL
I think you have to be A LOT better at Math than I am to teach Saxon. Also, I hate the spiral method.....so I admire you! You may have to teach me ;p
Oh Shannon, thank you for the sweet words. It is a zoo most of the time!!!
Rebecca, only time will tell! By the time I get to end of that thick book I may be dead!!!
I need to go find me a board like that, I am using a flip chart! Miss y'all!!
Post a Comment