Elleigh and Sallie both seemed to have more behavioral issues at 3 than at 2 so I have always said it should be Terrible 3's as opposed to Terrible 2's. Just let me say that if 3 is worse than 2 for Lizzie we are in real trouble!!! In the past week or so she has gotten really brave! She is very strong willed anyway but it has magnified times like a trillion! Our days go something like this:
"Lizzie, go play or go pick up your toys or don't do that" and her reply "NOOOOOO!!!" (very loudly I might add)
Finding Lizzie pouring Murphy's Oil Soap on a fabric chair
"Lizzie, here are your clothes for the day" and her reply "NOOOOOOOO!!!" (very loudly I might add) Very opinionated about what she wears and like her sister Sallie wants to change a million times a day. Oh, and is very picky about what panties she wears! Really prefers some kind of designs on them.
How could I forget that after she screams NOOOOOO she will stick her tongue out and say "mama" and point to her tongue. Yes, she does!
Often as she is screaming NOOOO about pretty much anything she is running away from us and stomping her feet.
BITING! This has gone on for about a week and yesterday I had enough. So, I bit her back. Sorry, if you think that is cruel. I bit her back. Twice! She never cried! Big marks on each arm and she never cried. I was thinking ok, when are the tears coming and she just looked at me like "what are you doing?" I have never had a biter but have always been told that if you will bite them they will stop. Well....
I WILL WIN!!!
Disclaimer: She can be so sweet and is so loving. She is just having some "issues" right now! Nothing a few million spankings won't fix!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
What happens at 2?
The little princess herself!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Truly funny and I have been right where you are. And NO, biting back isn't cruel. Pain is a great teacher. I had to bite both Amber and Alyssa back and they never bit me again, although mine cried when I bit them. Are you ready to picture her as a pre-teen?
You are rolling your eyes LOL
Did not cry! I still can't believe she didn't cry! She hasn't bitten today though (at least yet!)
Don't even say the words Lizzie and pre-teen in the same sentence!!! Scares me to death!!!
Oh boy she reminds me so much of Graham. I can tell you I have seen a glimmer of hope with him lately, so I know there is hope for you! Stay strong and consistant, that is our mainstay! Also, I can say I am on this journey with you in that Wesley upon turning 3, (and I totally agree, 3 has always been worse than 2), is having his own issues. We here no alot and/or he just ignores us altogether! He also runs away and stomps, but I must say that all I have to say is "do you need a pop?" and he will comply, (until next time). He doesn't bite, but pinches. Grhaham's reaction is always, with a loud yell, "Mama, Wesley just pinched the fire out of me!" Ah, the joys of parenting! And then they look so cute, like your pic, and all is right with the world, until the next battle cry!
Love ya,
Shannon
I am with you, I can't believe she didn't cry. Did you bite her hard enough? Or in a tender enough area?....not to sound cruel! I bit my girls back pretty good when they did it, which is why they didn't do it again. I remember biting one of them on the fingers, but I can't seem to recall now which girl or finger and they don't remember so it would be pointless to ask them.
I can see it now...."You did what to me?!"
Fortunately for me, mine bit me at home and didn't bite someone at church or somewhere else so I was able to bite back.
Hopefully M won't bite! He did pinch me once but I think he was discovering little hairs on my arm...however, if he does it for real, he will endure the same consequence as the girls did.
Good Luck!
I wonder where she gets this strong-willed behavior!
Brenda
Disclaimer #2: But she has such a purdy face (just like her mama)!
Paula
P.s...I love the picture of her in the seat! It screams the song "Fabulous" from High School Musical! lol
Post a Comment