We love and miss our family and friends so much but living far away brings lots of goody boxes and sweet cards just to say we are thinking of you and praying for you and we miss you. We love to dig in and see what fun stuff we have been sent. Sure the stuff is great but more than that is the love that was put into sending it to us! I am always overwhelmed to think others love us that much! Friday I was very homesick and then the packages started coming in and I was reminded of how blessed we are to have friends and family all over the world and how much they all still love us and think of us even if we can't see them like we want. The first package was from our dear SWEET friend from AL Mrs. Abbey. Her goody boxes are great!!! She collects various things for us and then sends it all in one huge package and it is so fun. We are all like kids at Christmas and she sends us all something! Abbey is one of the most caring people I know and I know how much love goes into this and that is very special. We love you Mrs. Abbey and thank you for always loving on us! The next package was from Grandy and Nanna and Nanna is having way too much fun bargain shopping for her girls again! Lots of cute outfits for next year! I know how much joy it brings Nanna to shop for these things and be able to send a package. We love you and miss you! THANK YOU!
I know they would both love to be able to see the girls opening their goodies so this is the next best thing!
Monday, October 20, 2008
2 packages in 1 day!!!
Our package from Abbey!
All the goodies that were inside!
We share EVERYTHING (including the suckers from Mrs. Abbey)!
The girls tearing into their package from Nanna and Grandy. Look at all those clothes!!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow!!! What a blessing! We know that experience of overwhelming love and floods of joy! Have Fun!!!
P.S. Homesickness must be in the air! I've been sort of puny with it lately!
You know it comes in waves doesn't it. Maybe it is because the holidays are coming up. We are going home for Christmas and have something to look forward to but I am anxious as well. You know I told you my nephew was starting as QB now and I would love to be able to be there to see him play and when Troy plays at home my sisters and their families and lots of friends get together and tailgate, etc and we miss all that a lot so it's just one of those homesick slumps!!! I thank God for friends like you to experience life with and who can relate so much!
LOVE YOU!
I thank God for friends like you, too, for the same! I am really learning a lot, too, from this Beth Moore study we're doing, Jesus the One and Only! There is so much wisdom and practical application in it pertaining to ministry! I so recommend it for minister's wives! The truth is that ministry will never be easy! But, I am thankful for His grace and mercy poured out in my life through my precious friends!!! What did Paul say?...Bear ye one another's burdens! :) Thanks for being a "burden bearer" kind of friend!!!
Love You, Too!
Post a Comment