Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A and Ell's Upcoming Escape to Africa

Yes, A and Ell are going to Africa this summer! Our association (for Red Springs where A is interim pastor) has adopted a people group in Namibia called the Mbalantu. They are part of what is known as the "forgotten peoples" meaning that at one time years ago there were many missionaries in that area but since there are not many. Therefore, the goal is to get back into that area and by this association adopting this group they will be able to have an ongoing relationship with these people with of course the ultimate goal being leading them to Christ and helping them to grow in that relationship. Teams will be going several times each year. A few people have been over to strategize but this will be the first team going in. A and Elleigh are both so excited! They have thought and prayed over this for months and last week it was confirmed that they have the support to cover all of their transportation, lodging, and insurance. This is a huge blessing and God has really shown us that He wants them there. So, they will be gone 2 weeks in June. We appreciate your prayers for them as they prepare and focus on exactly what God would have them to do, for their safety, for their health, and most of all that somehow God will use them to touch these people's lives.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity! Is this Elleigh's first overseas mission trip? I am sure it will be a big a deal for you when they leave together to do God's work in Africa. Make sure they have a good camera for all of the pictures they will need to take!

I'll be praying for them.

The Hall's said...

Thanks Jennifer! Elleigh has been to Costa Rica with us when Aaron's parents were in language school there but yes this will be her first overseas mission trip. I am so excited for this opportunity for them (especially her). Yes, I am not so excited about being without them for 2 weeks. I know, they will have to have good pictures! Thanks so much!

JGWmom said...

How Exciting!!! Praise the Lord for His provision and leading!!! I will certainly be praying for them and for you! Exactly what are the dates?

Love You!
Shannon

P.S. I got your email...tried to reply...got interrupted...left the computer desk open only to return to my reply lost and lots of other things gotten into by GUESS WHO!?...so I will reply later. Mainly just keep me in your prayers...still fighting congestion in my throat and I need to be able to sing Fri. & Sun. and I my hormones are whacky! =0
LOVE YOU!

The Hall's said...

Thanks Shannon. It is June 15-27

I know what you mean. When I sat down just now someone had tried to send an e-mail to rrrrrrrrrsssssssssqyg or something like that!

I hope you are feeling better soon! We should get together just to discuss hormones!!! That might take a few days!

JGWmom said...

OH Yes, definitely a few days! :)

Rebecca said...

God is so good! This will be a great oportunity and God has opened all the doors! yay!

I have been congested too, exhausted and just feeling fatigue and up and down and I think I will join in on the hormones discussion ;p they are not my friends right now...hee-hee