Thursday, May 21, 2009

On growing up, tee tee, and American Idol

Finally I am taking a minute to post this week. Our week has been very busy and no relief coming for the next several days. I normally blog during nap time and I haven't had any down time this week during nap time. So, I made myself sit down to blog this morning because I miss it and if I ever get behind I may never get caught up!

I remember thinking how is Elleigh in the 6th grade? Now that time is ending and I am really thinking how is she about to be in the 7th Grade! A and I did youth ministry for years and I just can't believe that my baby is about to be a youth! To our old youth who read our blog-can you believe it? Of course she has had lots of practice. She went everywhere we went! On Monday night she went on her first youth outing. The church paired up the upcoming youth with the upcoming seniors. Last night, we had our LIT end of year program. I did not cry. Really, I did not. Can you believe it???

Ell on our way to the program. Poor baby is not feeling well. She got 3 shots yesterday and bloodwork and started her typhoid meds on Monday and I think it is taking a toll on her. Oh, and my baby is 5'3" and our Dr thinks she will continue to grow for a couple more years! I think she is going to be 6 feet tall! This is the only shot I got at the program and she is walking away from being promoted from LIT's to youth. I think I might cry now!
I have to add that I got only one pic because I was wrestling with Millie (who was really good considering the program was nearly 1 1/2 hours). We all went and about 1/2 way through Lizzie tells me she needs to go potty and I tell her to wait just a few minutes. So, she climbs in her daddy's lap and tee tees all over him! Needless to say they had to leave. I guess she really had to go! However, on Tuesday she went 3 hours without going to the potty because she refused to use the port a potty at the park. Completely freaked out!!! Screaming "NO, POTTY NASTY, I WILL FALL IN!" She had a fit because Sallie used it. She was yelling "No Sall Sall, nasty, you will fall in!" (Her Aunt Rhonda would be proud!). We left the park and I said Lizzie why would you not use the potty and she said,"potty nasty, I will fall in, and it was in the back yard!" Hilarioius!

There was much celebration again this year at the Hall House on Idol Finale night. We recorded it since we were gone so it was late when we got to watch it but it was worth it to see Kris Allen win!!! He was just so sweet and humble and not to mention easy on the eyes! I love you A! I had to say that because he has given Elleigh and I much grief over our comments on Kris being a cutie! Danny Gokey actually was our favorite from the very beginning but if we couldn't have Danny then Kris was our next pick.
And ANYONE was our pick as long as ADAM didn't win! I don't think I could have stood another week of that!

1 comment:

JGWmom said...

Congratulations Elleigh for graduation into the Youth Group! I remember when Justus did...He, too, was so excited to FINALLY be there...after all the years of tagging along with us in youth ministry! And, I too, Cameron, was saddened that my baby was growing up, but excited for him at the same time! Elleigh, I'm sorry for all the shots...it WILL be worth it...keep telling yourself that! :)
Lizzie, again, is hilarious...I must say I share her sentiment about Port-a-Potties! :)
Lastly...YEA KRIS!!! Sounds like we were watching it at the same time...we had to record it and watch it later! I still LOVE Danny, but I'm very glad Kris won! I loved Kris' duet with Keith Urban, but I loved more Danny's with Lionel Ritchie...who was one of my ALL TIME faves from my teen years...I actually saw him in concert on his "Dancing on the Ceiling" tour. (And, "Hello" was probably one of my favorite songs he did...I REALLY liked Danny singing it, too.)
Love Y'all!