Thursday, October 15, 2009

TREATS, TREATS, and more TREATS!

Have you ever had these yummy treats??? I really do not know what you call them. A lady in our church calls them goofballs so maybe that is it. A and I were married before I had one and I can't remember where we had one but A informed me that they were one of his favorite treats and that his mom made them for them growing up but I had never had one. Watching him eat them, I say they are the favorite!!! A has a class on Tuesday night that he just does not enjoy and he has to sit there for 3 hours after working all day. I had told him last weekend that I would make him some of these so Ell suggested making him some Tues nt to have when he got out of class (very sweet of her!) Marshmallows, caramel sauce, and rice krispies... what more can I say!
The recipes for these vary but the one I used is mix 1/2 cup butter, 14 oz bag caramels, and 1 can sweetened condensed milk (now you KNOW why they are SO GOOD!) and cook on low until melted and blended. Place 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows in freezer until chilled. Dip the marshmallows in the caramel sauce (I used skewers to dip) and then roll in rice krispies and place on wax paper to harden. Pull the skewers out once they are hardened. Store in fridge! Fun treat to make with the kids. Although, I admit Ell and I made them after the girls were in bed (although that was not intentional!)

Today was orange day at Discovery School and I had planned to make a treat for the teachers soon so when I saw this recipe I thought it would be cute for orange day. They are divine!!! Pumpkin spice muffins with cream cheese icing! A will not touch pumpkin but uhh.... he touched these (many times!) Here is the link (Pioneer Woman of course) http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/moist-pumpkin-spice-muffins-with-cream-cheese-frosting/ More sweet treats! Sweet baby girls on Orange Day! They helped me make their shirts. They were so proud of them!

Something that is definitely a treat these days-the girls playing together (NICELY!) Lately they fight all the time. How funny is their rigged up stroller. They take the fabric off that is supposed to be the stroller and put a plastic chair in there and take turns pushing each other in it. Dangerous? Probably, but they sure do have fun!

Such a treat to see the 5 people I love the most all this close! WOW!

And NO TREAT is as sweet as this!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put a pic of yourself on here because you are the sweetest MOM and I LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!!!

Love,
Ell

JGWmom said...

I love this post...SO SWEET!!! I will definitely have to make the caramel, marshmallow crispy treats. We made peanut butter smores the other night and they were yummy (no chocolate~substitue peanut butter~yumm!). I will have to try to pumpkin muffins, too! Your girls look REALLY CUTE in ORANGE...just need to add some blue...LOL! (You had to see that coming!) :) LOVE YOU!

The Hall's said...

Awww... Ell! I love you!

Shannon, let me warn you they ADDICTIVE!!! You know Rhonda was talking about making those with the pb the other day. I will have to try that. She was making them for an after school snack. They do look cute in orange and blank NOT orange and blue!!! Yes, I should have seen that coming! Love you! Oh and ROLL TIDE!!!