Thursday, June 3, 2010

Because I am feeling a little random!

I feel the urge for a random post of this and that and I have shopped all day with all the girls and they sucked the creativity right out of me!

Ell is really settling into her new life. She has been going to the ball field some (you know that is your entertainment in small towns!). It has been great for her to get to know some people. We hear she is the "talk of the town"! Of course, some of that "talk" is from the opposite sex and well Daddy does not like that!!! We met this week with the principal at the Junior High School and she goes 2 days next week for some testing. Please pray for her. She is anxious about the testing. If you live in TX you know the importance and emphasis placed on TAKS testing and so she is rightly nervous about the content being TAKS centered which we have not focused on at all. The small school atmosphere really felt like the school I grew up in. As with most small schools, athletics are important and everyone looks at Elleigh's height and immediately begins asking about her playing basketball. She does plan to play but is a little nervous about that as well because they are so serious! We are really proud of her for being outgoing and putting herself out there to meet new people. She really is more reserved but she has really come out of her comfort zone to get to know people. Sneak peak of she and Sallie's room and an adorable pic!

Sometimes on Sat mornings A and the little girls will cook breakfast while I am in bed. I am not sleeping because well when they are up, no one is sleeping (except Elleigh who can sleep through anything!) but it is a nice time for me to relax. Last Saturday they cooked pancakes and sausage and this was what I saw when I came into the kitchen. PRECIOUS!!! They love their aprons! Speaking of cooking, I have had to find some new recipes lately. I am loving cooking in my new kitchen! This week we tried this recipe for Sauteed Fresh Corn: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/sauteed-fresh-corn-recipe/index.html It is super easy and so good we are cooking it again tomorrow night for guests we are having over. We also made these potatoes: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/perfect-potatoes-au-gratin/ They were really good as well. Make sure your potatoes are the tenderness you like them before adding the cheese. I was timing them and did not check the tenderness and the potatoes were a little firm. You know some potatoes just take longer to cook than others. They are garlicy but we love garlic so we really liked them.

The house is still coming along. With A's finger and this being a crazy busy week we have not gotten much done this week around here and we have busy weeks ahead BUT it will all be done one day! That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

The TX heat is in full force so to be outside you quickly have to be in water to be able to stand it so the girls are enjoying their pool. When they went to bed tonight they said they wanted to play in their pool all day tomorrow so I anticipate being woken up by little girls in swimsuits demanding I get them some breakfast so they can head out!






SILLY!


Look at Sall with some meat on her bones!!! She has gone through the biggest growth spurt for her ever! We began therapy this week and we are very excited! The therapist seems really good with Sallie and Sallie seems comfortable and had a good time. Mrs. Trish (therapist) seems like she really sees this as a challenge and is ready for it! PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY some more, PLEASE! I think one major advantage here will be that this is a private practice and there is more flexibility to change things up to meet Sallie's needs. Trish said today that she had never had anyone in the exact situation as Sallie before. You know we never fit the mold but THAT IS OK!!! I really have a great feeling about this and I pray that I am having that feeling because I am supposed to have that feeling. I am a little tired of riding that emotional rollercoaster. Just thought about that I have not said anymore about the BAHA. She is wearing a trial BAHA and if in fact she does get significantly more benefit from it vs. aids then we will move forward with a permanent BAHA. Of course, we would have the insurance battle, etc but we will fight that battle when we get there and I really think we are going to get there. She is doing really well with it and we can tell a difference in her responses. It doesn't seem to bother her either like they had thought it might (in the sense that it has to be turned up so high to vibrate at the level she needs it). She does not seem to mind it! PRAISE YOU LORD! PRISSY!
A few recent Hall girl convos:

Forgot to add on last post about A's finger that Mill told at church that her daddy cut his finger on a "butta (aka butter) knife"! That must have been one mean butta knife! She and Lizzie say that butta knives will kill you! I have no idea!

Last night Lizzie heard me say something about therapy and she said, "Tell me Sallie does not have therapy again tomorrow!" I said, "yes she does and you are going" Her response, "I do not want to do all that mess!" So sorry to inconvenience YOU Queen Lizzie!

Last night at prayer meeting Millie was sitting in my lap and we were praying and I opened my eyes to check on them and her eyes were wide open right in my face and she said "close you eyes!" We all got tickled!

Today we had some shopping to do after Sallie's therapy. I had bought the girls a pack of Silly Bands. Lizzie said, "Why did you only buy us one pack?" I said, "Lizzie, you need to be thankful and say, mama thank you for buying me silly bands" She says, "Thank you mama for buying me silly bands. Why did you only buy one pack?" That girl!!!


We are busy getting prepared for VBS next week. We are doing it a little early to try and beat the TX heat but I think it has already beat us! Elleigh will be gone the next week to camp to be an Acteen staffer so busier weeks ahead but we are looking forward to what God is going to do in both of these.


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Laura Dobson said...

Oh my goodness,
I miss my Hall's so much!
Elleigh looks GORGEOUS! i love her highlights! & i have heard about the "opposite sex" being interested in her! haha! I can't wait to see ya'll! I love you guys! (:

Anonymous said...

Hahah oh how I miss you too Laura(: Love you!