Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent our Thanksgiving at home.  We cooked a lot, we laid around a lot, we ate A LOT, we watched a lot of football (enough said about that!), we got out our Christmas decorations (which are still scattered everywhere). 

One of our favorite things about being home on Thanksgiving is getting in the kitchen and cooking together.  Here is a shot from the day before Thanksgiving when we were beginning to cook.IMG_5498 A’s request was chocolate pie.  He used to not like it at all but now he loves it.  One of the ladies in our church makes the best so I got her recipe for the cream part.  We started out making homeade crust but once we got it ready to roll out realized there were weevils (gross) in the flour that we used to make it.  I said forget it and went with the bought crust.  I was so proud of my meringue!  It was so good and next time I do want to do a homeade crust.  IMG_5503 Last year I started making these Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing for Thanksgiving breakfast so I decided to do that again this year.  DELICIOUS!!!IMG_5508 IMG_5510 We hung out off and on in the kitchen most of the day and took our time and did not rush so it was dinner before we had everything done.IMG_5513 IMG_5515 Finally done and ready to eat!  IMG_5518 We have a tradition of sharing the things we are most thankful for each year on Thanksgiving. 

The girls had some great ones:

Elleigh: I get to enjoy Thanksgiving with both of my parents who love each other even though sometimes I say, “get a room”! 

This made me cry (and laugh at the last part!)  I am thankful that she realizes how fortunate she is for us to be together and not only together, but happy.  She has realized in the past few months that this is not the norm.

Sallie (we all came up with what we know she is thankful for):  School, Hanna, Cute Clothes, Peanut Butter, and Mayo!

I have already shared how thankful I am for Sallie’s school experience and for her sweet friend Hanna!

Lizzie:  Praying, God, Nanna, my Sisters, Going to Church and learning about God and Jesus

Lizzie has matured so much in the past few months.  She is so growny and for that I am not so thankful BUT I am very thankful for all that she is learning about God.  She is a sponge right now and she is soaking it all up and very inquisitive concerning spiritual issues and that is for sure something to be thankful for!

Millie:  MY BROTHER (NO, this is not an announcement!!! I have NO IDEA!!!), Play Phone, Chocolate and Icing, Mrs. Sara (her Sunday School teacher)

Millie, Millie, Millie!  What more can I say?  Notice the chocolate and icing on her list?  Thanksgiving morning she prayed that God would help her to have a great day eating her chocolate and icing!  I LOVE that child!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and now we move into CHRISTMAS!  Let the festivities begin!

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

This is SO PRECIOUS!!!...as is the previous posts about Sallie...I am SO happy for y'all and how God orchestrated you all's EVERY need!
I do have to say it again after seeing your spread...WE MISSED spending Thanksgiving with the Hall's!!! I am impressed with that pie and I would love recipe's for both the pie and muffins! I also REALLY like your kitchen and colors...even the calendar...not sure you know this about me, but I am a calendar freak. I spend much time choosing my calendar every year...I have a rooster one for this next year that I'm really excited about (and I got it on sale at Cracker Barrel on black friday :) ) So glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving!
Love and Miss YOU!!!
Shannon

Jason & Rebecca said...

LOVE IT ALL! I miss your stuffing, even though I only had it twice ;) I am filled with wonderful memories of spending one Thanksgiving my my sweet friends I miss and I MISS YOU!!

The Hall's said...

Shannon, I get overwhelmed with emotion when I think of how God has brought it all together. Just amazing! We knew for a long time this was where we were supposed to be and now we are seeing so many whys. He is so good to us! The link to the muffin recipe is on my archives here-Oct 2009. I will send you the chocolate pie recipe. Wish I had some right now! I love that calendar too. Rhonda gave it to me and it has such pretty pics. Not sure where she got it but the website on it says www.TaylorMorgandesigns.com

Rebecca, I wish you had some! We had way too much! We will for sure have to all do Thanksgiving together again!