This morning we took the little girls on a little field trip! Mr. Larry, one of our church members brings us fresh eggs every Sunday. We are spoiled by them and grocery store eggs just aren’t the same! Mr. Larry is in Africa right now so A is tending his chickens and garden. So, I thought it would be fun to go with him this morning so the girls could see Where Our Eggs Come From. It was a cold morning but we enjoyed it!
On our drive out we saw the sun coming up At the farmER as Millie says
“Daddy, you are hard to keep up with”
This is the side view of their house from the farm. They have a beautiful home. His wife is an amazing hostess and cook.
Millie filling the water feeders
Lizzie’s turn
Larry farms with horses so this is some of his equipment
Daddy going in the chicken coop
Feeding
Watching
They got brave enough to go in! BUT as soon as the roosters started crowing they wanted out!
Finally EGGS!
Proud of their eggs!
Got to give this group of chickens water too. They need water so we can get more EGGS!
A checking the garden
Front view of their house on our drive out
Home and EGGS in the skillet! The girls love fried eggs.
That was hard work and we needed a good warm breakfast!
They love their eggs “runny” and their favorite thing it to break the yoke and watch the yellow come out. Excuse the chocolate milk faces!
2 comments:
I love all these posts, I've missed. It's been like Christmas for me catching up with the Halls! I especially love this last one. We get our eggs from one of our neighbors and we love getting them like that and not from the store. I've been saying I'm gonna take Graham and Wesley over with me some Sat. to let them see where our eggs come from! :) That is a beautiful place! It sure is beautiful here right now, with all the fall foliage and the rolling hills with hay bales! My drive this morning was absolutely beautiful with the sun coming up and the mists over the pastures!
I'm sorry I didn't call on Sat. I woke up with a migraine. The only thing I did was get dressed to take Justus out for his birthday and we did it for a late lunch so he could go out Sat. nite with the youth. I didn't even put on makeup and I came straight home and went to bed for the rest of the day. I will try later this week. I DO want to talk!!!
LOVE & MISS YOU!!!
P.S. I met Connie and Maggie at the game Fri. nite...really sweet! I hate it for the boys, esp. Justus, but part of me is glad it's over. :)
Thank you Shannon! Not sure I like you working! I miss you!
I ended up being gone most of the day Saturday. Sorry you had a migraine. Hope you are feeling better!
Love you!
Post a Comment