Friday, March 4, 2011

Blog Worthy Reads

I am almost finished reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and it is wonderful and very thought provoking.  I pray that it not only provokes thought from me but action!  Elleigh read it first and then A and now me.  I have a million lines from the book underlined and could share some but just get it for yourself.  I think it is great for teenagers and up.books

We plan to read this very soonforg

Chan has also written a few children’s books and we got them for the girls and love them as well.  A is VERY picky about books for the girls.  So many Christian children’s books are just full of bad theology and honestly I used to say, “they are just kids and they only get the big picture and it is fine.”  However, I have realized I am wrong in that.  I have realized more and more how so many of the ideas we have on spiritual issues are SO not biblical and we think they are OK and it is important for us to instill those truths in children from the very beginning.  All of that to say, I look much closer and think a lot more about what I read to our children.  A thought these books were great so I was thrilled!

53021369

53087503

This one was just released and we have not gotten it yet but I am anxious to read it also.  03e18a244ec1817046d8b099ab91e187_image_225x225

 

HAPPY READING!

No comments: