As you can read in the title this post if full of lots of different things. A and I have been out of town the past few days so now I am catching up in many ways including the blog. We attended the TX Baptist State Convention with 3 others from our church. It was held in Amarillo also known as The Yellow Rose of Texas which btw between that and “Amarillo By Morning”, I found myself singing a lot! I want us to go back to Amarillo maybe next summer. The second largest canyon in the US is located there. We didn’t have any time to see it and I would like to take the girls. I just thought it was flat here. It is SO flat there! The convention was good. It was interesting as a first timer (me) to see how decisions are made and to be part of that decision making. We gained some insight into ministering to those in poverty which was really good and something we needed. We ate some good food and the uninterrupted fellowship was nice. We are extremely thankful for Melbie who came and stayed with the girls for us to go! They of course had a blast!
Now for the catching up:
Last week we took Sallie to her ENT in the metroplex. He said her ears are just full of “stuff.” He really thinks it is just debris, etc and not the cholesteatoma which will be great. He just has to get it all out and see. They also did some hearing tests while we were there and the results were interesting for lack of a better word. They showed more nerve loss and normally her tests indicate more bone loss. SO, this throws another kink in the puzzle and leads to confusion on what device to implant. All of that to say, we honestly are discouraged by this. It is hard when the best of best ENT specialist is uncertain. We go Nov 7th and she will be put to sleep to have everything removed from her ears and for a sedated hearing test. We will see what the results are and go from there. We need lots of prayers! Specifically pray that the tests will leave no doubt in the Dr’s mind or ours as to where to go from here with a permanent hearing device. Either way we have some major hurdles to jump once the decision is made but our God is able! As always, please pray for peace for our sweet girl…
I took this pic in the Dr’s office. She did really well that day! I have a feeling going to the hospital might not be as easy… Her bangs are going to drive me insane! I am attempting to grow them out but one day they were so bad I trimmed them a little. I hate them in her eyes but they will not stay back yet! This DOES NOT happen so I HAD to get a pic of this! Ell does not like matching her little sisters (I can’t imagine why!) I came home one day showing her the stuff I got to make these shirts for the other girls and she said she wanted one!
Up close. I am rarely completely pleased with my creations but I really like these!
Ell did not want her name on hers so this is what I did with hers. I think she liked having hers a little different!
Not sure how I cut Ell’s head off on this one. They wore their shirts “Trick or Treating” with their Missions Groups from church. I thought this was a really cute idea. The church was given a list of items needed for a Hospitality House in our area which houses families of hospital patients at a low cost. The girls then went from house to house trick or treating for the items and they then took them to the House to drop them off. Because we spent time in the Townhouses at UAB when Sallie was born we really have a heart for this. Here the girls have their stuff and are leaving to go “trick or treating”
Today Mill and I made treat bags for Lizzie’s class. This yr I am her room mom. I decided since I was Sallie’s last yr, I would be Lizzie’s this yr and Millie’s next yr. I did not think I could do Sallie and Lizzie. I really could but it would be slightly difficult on party days. Now that I am doing things for Lizzie’s class I feel bad that I am not for Sallie’s. I will still help with parties for her but it is just not the same. Anyway, they only get 2 parties a yr which they do Christmas and Valentines and then they do an Easter Egg Hunt. Halloween they do costume parade (which is tomorrow) and then they give them treat bags so the room mother is responsible for that. Mill had a good time helping me put them together!
I saw something similar to this on pinterest of course and decided to make a variation of it to send for the class’s snack tomorrow. It is caramel corn (which I had a really hard time finding and thought I was going to have to end up making it but found it at Cracker Barrel while A and I were gone), candy corn, pretzels, marshmallows, and m&ms. I wanted the m&ms that they have had at Halloween in the past that were purple, orange, and black but I could not find them anywhere this yr so I ended up with fall m&ms which are darker fall colors. I think it would be fine to use regular m&ms too. You could add raisins or cheerios or maybe gold fish.
I dipped it out into these cups
And then placed the cups in these bags and tied them up. They would have been cuter tied with black ribbon but I forgot to get the ribbon so I just used the ties that came with the bags. I am sure Kindergarteners will not care! Well, one of them might!
And another treat-it has been a cold, RAINY day today! Praise God the bar ditches are full! FYI, bar ditches is rural Texan lingo! I love looking out the door and seeing this-rain and green! It is clover but it is green!
1 comment:
Love this post!! And how yummy this post IS!!
Post a Comment