Everything can change and change quickly! Whew... I think our lives became a whirlwind immediately after my last post.
A and I decided the knot behind her ear was worse. I called Dr. Bauer and he said meet him at the hospital. He had told us the day before he would do surgery if we had to come in. However after digesting the situation and consulting with infectious disease decided he really did not need to open that as bad as infection was. We were admitted on Tues afternoon. They began giving her as strong of antibiotics as possible as often as possible. She had a reaction to vancomycin but we have slowed down the rate that is being given and she takes Benadryl prior to medicating and this has helped. It has been a rough few days. Cultures did confirm yesterday it is MRSA. This morning they placed a picc line. We do not know at this point when we will go home but we will do IV Meds at home for a while. Picc line procedure went great. Praise God! For now they want to give more Meds and continue to watch the site. Hopefully soon they we be able to make a decision on whether to open that area to drain/clean out. Dr. Bauer does not want to take the risk of spreading the infection origins something where he just did the surgery. But, if that site does not improve it may be a must. Big concern that the infection not spread up her head to the area where implant is. They have made it clear that the implant will have to come out if that happens. We are still waiting for cultures to show what they are resistant to. They choose vanc in hopes that it will kill anything but we may need to switch Meds once we get those results. I think it is safe to say that even if we are not seeing a lot of improvement it is not getting worse either. So we wait and we wait some more!
This has been scary and beyond tiring. Have we questioned doing this implant since this came up. I admit there was a time yesterday that I did. Despite the past praises for God's timing in this I let myself go there. I asked A his thoughts last might and he said "Cameron if we lose that implant and can never implant again we know we did what we were supposed to do". There are times when I wish my very direct husband would sugar coat things but I needed to hear that as direct and bring me back to what I already knew.
We appreciate all the many prayers and please continue! Also pray for our other girls who we miss terribly and have had to adjust to us not being there. They do this well and they are often forgotten in this picture.
Friday, January 25, 2013
In a matter of seconds...
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Friday, January 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment