Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WONDERFUL!!!

Wonderful is the word I can think to best describe our trip! We had a great time! Yesterday as I was driving home I couldn't help but think of the many, many things that we had to be thankful for just in this trip alone.

Despite the fact that it literally rained the entire way from here to AL, the Lord protected us.

I am thankful that we had the time and the resources to make the trip. I am thankful for cheaper gas prices!

We are so blessed by wonderful families to love on us. I am thankful for my mom and dad who cooked wonderful meals for us and the joy that it brings me and the girls and them for us to get to spend some time together.

I am thankful for my sisters and their husbands and children who took time away from work and from their Spring Break and just busy lives in general to spend time with us and to help me with the girls and the list goes on and on.

I am thankful for Aaron's parents who are so good to us in so many ways. In-laws often get a bad name but I am blessed with wonderful in-laws. They cooked for us and loved on us and helped me tremendously with the girls. Such a huge blessing!

I am thankful for wonderful friends and family who take time out of their lives to spend with us when we are home. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to pick up right where you left off despite the miles and months apart.

I am thankful for not 1 but 2 new suits (brand new!) that we got for Aaron while we were home. A lady in Aaron's mom and dad's church bought them for her husband and they did not fit well so she wanted to give them to Aaron's dad. However, they did not fit him so he asked if she minded that he sent them to Aaron and she did not. They fit Aaron perfectly! Aaron needed a new suit so badly and the Lord blessed him with not 1 but 2!!!

Millie and Sallie both got sick in the last few days of our trip and I am very thankful that I did not get it so that I could get us home. Also, A's mom helped me so much with the other girls which allowed them to get more attention than they would have gotten had we been home.

I am thankful for the time away which has re-newed me so much!

Last but not least, I am SO thankful for the wonderful man that was waiting at home for us who we missed a lot!

It would have been much easier for me to do a slideshow of all these pictures but I had some good ones and sometimes slideshows just don't do them justice so I warn you that there are a lot and sadly the day that we went to visit friends and family in Troy I left my camera at my mom and dad's so I don't even have any pics from that day. Somehow I do not have a single picture of my sister Connie or my mom. I will have to do better next time!

For our friends that we didn't get to see this trip-hopefully next time! There are never enough hours!

The girls love this spot on Nanna's counterMaking biscuits with Papa

My baby girls!
Sweet, sweet Sallie!

If you know Millie, you know this is her favorite face! She is a hoot!

Such a sweet face!
They love to play outside
And another sweet face...Lizzie and Papa (my dad)
Sallie has always loved Zach (my sister Rhonda's son in the middle) and to the left is one of her other son's Zeke
Lizzie loves her Aunt Rhonda!
Ms. Hollywood in her glasses she talked Nonnie (my sister) in to buying her. Not that she had a hard time doing that!
In the back on Papa's truck on the way to see the cows
And the cows...
My nephew Zeke and to the right my nephew Charlie
Millie with her buddy-my niece Maggie Lizzie in the pasture with Papa

The grandchildren on my side (minus my nephews Charlie and Zeth)

Zach is wonderful with the girls! It's hard to believe that my first nephew is almost 17 years old!
My sister Rhonda with Lizzie and 2 of her 3 boysThe older Ms. Hollywood also in her glasses from Nonnie

Playing outside at Nanna and Grandy's (A's mom and dad)
Nanna and MillieLizzie loves to swing and the higher the betterSallie in her favorite spot-Grandy's lap!Cooking with Nanna (and licking the beater!)
LOTS of soda was drank! I may never get them de-toxed!!! Oh well, you got to be spoiled at your grandparents, right?!

4 comments:

JGWmom said...

I'm so glad y'all had a WONDERFUL time and safe trip! The pics are great! I especially love Lizzy's and Millie's monogrammed outfits. The weather was perfect the rest of the week, wasn't it! And, the flowers were too!!! We had a wonderful time, too...just too quick of a trip! I'll post pics soon.
Love y'all and glad you're home safe!

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy you got to relax with your family and have FUN! It looks so pretty there! The pix are great, the girls are too cute, and I want to see this place someday!

Praise God A got suits too! I KNOW those are a blessing!

Rebecca said...

p.s...the hair bows are SO SO cute! I really hope Madison has hair and will keep bows in her hair!! Hair bows never worked out so well with Amber and Alyssa.

They really are TOO CUTE!

The Hall's said...

Thanks Girls!

Shannon-I am anxious to see your pics and to hear ALL about your trip!

Rebecca-Yes, it is pretty and Shannon and I will have to take you there someday! Maybe Madison will have hair. All mine have had a head full!