Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

We began on the Wed before Easter with Sallie’s Easter Egg Hunt for school.  A and I hid over 500 eggs!  I say hid but there is no hiding that many eggs in the park so we began just throwing them everywhere! 

The girls swinging after we hid the eggs and were waiting on the 2nd Graders to arriveIMG_6591And they are here!IMG_6593IMG_6594Not a great picture of Hanna and Sallie in the wind but I just love them!IMG_6597Dying eggs on SaturdayIMG_6616IMG_6625IMG_6626IMG_6629We did glitter eggs this yr so Millie is shaking the glitter on.  They were pretty but messy!IMG_6634Making our annual bunny cakeIMG_6648IMG_6651IMG_6652IMG_6654IMG_6657IMG_6659In the past we have done the empty tomb cookies but we decided this yr to just focus on the Easter story itself.  Here A is reading it to the girls.  IMG_6664IMG_6666BasketsIMG_6669

Ready for church!IMG_6674To say that Sallie loved her dress was an understatement!  She loves clothes but I have never seen her quite so excited.  It was the sash!  Notice Ell has on the dress she wore to her dance.  When she found this one and I realized it matched the other girls Easter dresses (which I ordered in Jan) I was thrilled!  And Mama and Daddy wore their old duds (but we matched!)IMG_6699

Easter Egg Hunt after church.  A giving instructionsIMG_6703IMG_6705IMG_6709IMG_6712

Such a sweet picture with their Melbie.  I wish Elleigh had been in the picture too.IMG_6714

After church we went over to a family in our church’s house.  There were a mix of people there, many we did not know and some from church.  I was thinking Sunday night how I never thought I would have an Easter meal with people I had never met!  I have done a lot of things I never thought I would do and I am glad I have…  We are always thankful that there are people who realize we are far from family and include us in their celebrations. 

No comments: