Thursday, May 5, 2011

Breaking News!

THIS MAN PASSED GREEK and on Friday will have graduated with a Master of Divinity and THIS WOMAN IS THRILLED to say the least!!!cal10acam

Can you tell I am excited?!?  This has been a LONG time coming!  I thought about this post and how can possibly put into words the feelings I have right now and I am not sure I can but I never want to forget this so I will attempt.  I chose the picture above because that is definitely another one of the best times we have shared together and God used getting us here to get us there.  HE IS SO GOOD! 

A little over a yr ago our emotions were quite the opposite of what they are now.  Our excitement of being near the end turned to much frustration and let down and more negative emotions that I can even name.  BUT, God used that too and now we celebrate…  And now as I type this I cry.  That’s one of the things I most love about blogging.  I get to get it all out there when I write and the fact that just yesterday afternoon we found out he had passed and we haven’t quit smiling since but as I write this our Lord’s goodness overwhelms me.  He has seen us through so much!

Even I can’t begin to understand the struggles A went through to get to this point.  I have the best idea of anyone on this earth but I still can’t fully comprehend and I want to celebrate this time with him.  Last yr when he was supposed to graduate we had big plans for family coming in to see him walk, a party, etc.  After that did not happen he did not want to walk.  He hasn’t admitted it to me yet but I know it was because he didn’t want to let anyone down again.  I am disappointed he is not walking but I understand his feelings.  HOWEVER, he does not deserve any less of a celebration this year than he did last.  In fact, the one more year of having it hanging over his head (and the language rash as I call it) just might deserve a bigger celebration!!!  A has this rash that the dermatologist we went to last yr told him was stress induced and it is, especially when he is dealing with languages.

A, I know you felt like you let a lot of people down last year and I have told you over and over and I will tell you again-YOU DID NOT let me down and your perserverance surely did not let God down! 

Although I lived the life with him, I really do not know how he balanced everything but he did and I gained more respect than ever for him.  I LOVE YOU more than I can ever show you!

Thank you Lord for what you have done in our marriage.  I pray I can help others to see what you can do in their marriages as well. 

This time in our lives was one of the most challenging but yet wonderful.

I know many thought we were crazy when we packed up and moved to TX to start this journey and there were many times along the way that maybe I thought we were crazy but the Lord knew what He was doing with us even if we didn’t understand it.   It is so much more than the education…

I think about the many friends that we made and the bond between us that was just not like anything we have ever experienced.  Thank you God for that.  These are relationships that will last forever no matter the miles between us (and there are a lot of miles between a lot of us!)

I am thankful that our girls know life is not always easy and I pray that they always see our trust in the Lord through it all. 

The Lord had to break us in so many ways and I am glad He did!  He revealed Himself in MANY, MANY ways to us.  Many that left us speechless!  Thank you Lord!

In our celebrating, I hope we do not forget that THIS IS NOT ABOUT US!  It is ALL about HIM and HIS GLORY! 

Have we “arrived”?  Not hardly!  It is nice to bask in the victory that this chapter is closing BUT this is only the beginning.  The beginning of what God has in store for us, the beginning of being amazed by Him, the beginning of depending on Him alone, the beginning of His blessings, and with all that the beginning of the struggles…   This weekend we will also celebrate our 1 yr anniversary of full time ministry and the reality of this paragraph is very real to us!  This life is a roller coaster ride BUT no doubt we are where God wants us to be at this time.  Enough said! 

Many of you have supported us in MANY ways along the way.  Please never forget to pray for us.  We need them!  There is a reason God allowed us to struggle through Seminary-Ministry is a struggle.  Remember to encourage those around you who are in ministry(and their families)! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You! Not many people would have stuck through all you did and been as supportive as you were and are. This journey was not one I went alone and for that I am ever grateful to you and our girls. God has been good to us.
Aaron

Alana said...

Congratulations Aaron. I got to see first hand how hard you worked for your family during your time at Seminary and I am so proud of you, Cam and the girls for making it through. Well done!

Cameron said...

Alana!!! Talk about a friend I will never forget! You meant so much to me and made adjusting to my new life SO much easier. Hope all is well with you and your family! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I know I told you on FB, but we finally are figuring out some of our computer issues with Blogger and I SO had to comment on this post that put a HUGE lump in my throat!!! LOVE YOU...ALL of YOU!!! And, SO glad y'all answered the Lord's call to GO to Texas! (And, if our Seminary experience had been a "breeze" AND if we had finished "on our time", we never would have known y'all...AND that would NOT be a good thing...SO glad HIS timing is PERFECT, so we can KNOW His GOODNESS...BLESSED to call YOU our FRIENDS!!! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. The above Anonymous is from ME - Shannon :) (Apparently don't have all the blogger issues figured out, ugh!) :)