With Elleigh’s B-day being so close to Mother’s Day this is always a fun time for our family and a BUSY time!
Ell’s b-day was on Saturday but she wanted to do a party with her friends on Fri nt. We set up in the carport so they could kinda do their own thing (to a degree!) The wind here is always bad but it has been really bad lately and Fri nt was no different so it made decorating out there very difficult. The table covers are literally wrapped around the tables and taped and taped and taped! We had fajitas with the fixins’, queso, and chips and salsa. Once again, everything blowing in the wind! There ended up being 13 of her friends plus her.
Opening presents from her friends
Her b-day cake was really cute and so good!
We attempted to keep the little girls away as much as we could. Of course Elleigh’s friends think they are precious and do not mind but Elleigh is a different story! We called them “the spectators” here!
Having all the open area outside is really nice. They played several games out there and just hung out. The party was supposed to end at 10 but I think the last one left at around 10:30. I think they enjoyed being out in the country!
Sat morning on her actual b-day-presents ready!
First we had breakfast. Well it was really closer to brunch but her requests were buttermilk spice muffins, mini quiche, fruit, and oj and as you can see she got it!
Now present time!
During the day we just spent time together and A grilled steaks for dinner. We ended up having a late dinner. Ell had asked for Molten Chocolate Cake so I ended up making them after the other girls were in bed and the 3 of us ate them about 10!
Sunday of course was Mother’s Day and I decided that Mother’s Day should be on another day other than Sunday. A does help me a lot on Sunday mornings BUT he goes to church early and then he can’t help me at all at church so there was no relaxing that morning BUT after we got home they treated me for sure! A told them if they wanted to ask me for anything, just to ask him. I spent the afternoon laying around and then A and the girls did a shrimp boil at my request. Different from what I would normally request but I was craving it and it did not disappoint!
He and Ell also made a completely from scratch lemon pie and it was delicious as well!
SO, as you can see we had a busy and fun weekend and yes, full of good food! In the craziness of Sunday morning I did not get a pic with my girls. I planned to get one after church and did not. It was 103 degrees on Sunday (really!) and Lizzie and Millie both wanted to sit in my lap during church and Sallie was as close to me as she could get so I was burning up when we got out of church and I came home and put on comfy, cool clothes ASAP so we failed to take pics. Actually as I looked back through my pics to do this post I really did not take a lot of pics of anything (or as many as normal). Ell’s party was hectic so I will use that as my excuse!
1 comment:
LOVE the Hall's celebrations!!! (I live vicariously through you...until I have a granddaughter someday, maybe!lol!) Beautiful party for a beautiful young lady! And, I loved your Mom's Day celebration, too...I really need to let Richard sit under Aaron in the kitchen and LEARN!) :)
Love You! ~ Shannon
P.S. I left a comment on your previous post, too! :)
Post a Comment