Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34
Last Thanksgiving we began making a list of the things we are most thankful for and it was wonderful to reflect on all our blessings. We are so blessed that it is difficult to make a condensed list. Here are a few things I am most thankful for this year:
That I am a child of God! I am thankful for salvation and God's forgiveness and love and His provisions! No matter what obstacles may be in our way, there is so much comfort in being a child of God.
For a husband who loves me unconditionally and makes me so happy!
For the 4 girls God has entrusted me with. What a blessing despite the fact that being a parent has so many challenges. I love those girls and am so thankful for each of them and the joy they bring to me each day! I am so thankful I get to spend my days with them!
For wonderful family and friends to share our lives in the good times and the not so good times. I feel so full when I think of all the people God has placed and continues to place in our path. I love you all!
To have 2 church families for this time in our lives. This is a huge blessing! It is wonderful to be a part of numerous church families. We love our newest church family so much. The ways they have blessed us are too many to count. We had our Thanksgiving meal with them this past weekend and I left there and was overwhelmed by God's goodness. They love our children like they are their own. They are some of the sweetest people on earth! Then we still have our church family here who is wonderful to keep in touch with us. How could I forget our church family back home as well? We still feel a part of them even though we are far away. Even though moving around and saying goodbye a lot is hard, it is such a blessing to be a part of so many groups.
That I get to watch my husband do what he is called to do and loves to do so much each week. I love seeing him in the pulpit (even when he uses me as illustrations)!
There are so many more things that I am thankful for but this is all I have time to list for now. May you and your family have a Thanksgiving in which you can reflect on your many blessings and GIVE THANKS!
Monday, November 24, 2008
GIVING THANKS!
Posted by
The Hall's
at
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post! We love y'all and are thankful to be blessed with your friendship and your hospitality! We can't wait for Thursday!!!
Post a Comment