Aaron and the girls gave me the ESV Study Bible for Christmas and I love it! People often ask us about different translations, etc. We both really like the ESV. It is easy to read yet it is translated so that it does not lose its original and intended meaning as do some translations. This study Bible is relatively new. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something. The study notes are really good. It is very thick because the font is a good size and because of the study notes but I have really enjoyed using it.
Also, while we are on that subject-Elleigh had the opportunity on Friday to lead a 2nd grade girl to Christ! PRAISE HIM! We are very proud of Elleigh but we do want to be sure to give HIM the praise!
So, for the food for the body-I had Supper club on Sat night and I made this Sopapilla Cheesecake and it was delicious. I normally try to make something a little more challenging (because I do love to cook and love trying new and unusual things) but it was Mexican night and I ran across this recipe and thought it would be great. It did not disappoint and it is very easy! This picture really does not do it justice but it was the last piece so I snapped a quick picture for you.
Sopapilla Cheesecake
Also, while we are on that subject-Elleigh had the opportunity on Friday to lead a 2nd grade girl to Christ! PRAISE HIM! We are very proud of Elleigh but we do want to be sure to give HIM the praise!So, for the food for the body-I had Supper club on Sat night and I made this Sopapilla Cheesecake and it was delicious. I normally try to make something a little more challenging (because I do love to cook and love trying new and unusual things) but it was Mexican night and I ran across this recipe and thought it would be great. It did not disappoint and it is very easy! This picture really does not do it justice but it was the last piece so I snapped a quick picture for you.
Sopapilla Cheesecake2 rolls of crescent rolls (I used the big and flaky but you do not have to)
2-8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
3/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
Spread one package of the crescents on the bottom of a 9x13 pan (pinching seems together). Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and spread over crescents. Top with the 2nd pkg of crescents. Melt the butter and pour on top and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Bake at 35o for 30-45 minutes (once the crescents are done). Cool completely. I refrigerated them and served them cold but you could serve them room temp and refrigerate any leftovers. They are great for breakfast as well. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Thanks for the recipe. There are 2 or 3 ladies at our church who make this and I love it, but I always forget to ask them for the recipe. I had never had it before we moved here. It IS very yummy!
Yes, I do think it is a TX thing but then I know of people here who have never heard of it (but they are transplants like us!). It is GOOD!
That looks SO good! I will have to wait until sometime after I have the baby to try this. I was told at my last doc visit to watch my weight.
Also, I LOVE the ESV. I bought it for Jason's birthday back in October and I have kinda stolen it. I can't tell him that or he might think I bought his present for me.
Post a Comment