Friday, April 3, 2009

In case you thought we might be bored...

Update on the sick ones:

A-getting better slowly but surely. He thought he would be able to go back to work today but still was not there yet. He is still achey and has no energy.

Elleigh has only gotten worse. I feel so bad for her. She has been in bed since Wed. Hopefully we will see some improvement soon.

No one else has gotten sick which I am very thankful for!!! We hope to stay well!

We are not going to be able to go to the marriage retreat obviously. We are bummed about that but that's just the way it is.

Our events from yesterday:

As soon as Sallie gets out of bed I realize that she went to bed with her hearing aid on. It was only one because she just got new molds and there is a problem with the tubing on one of them so she only had one in. So, I ask her where it is and she goes to her dresser to get it. In the meantime, Lizzie says to me, "I had it" and I say, "where is it" and her reply, "I broke it!" GREAT!!! It was in a million pieces all in Lizzie's bed and under it and one piece we have yet to find. It gets better-the aid was a loaner aid from our audiologist because Sallie's aid is in for repairs. Not sure what is going to happen with that. We called and the audiologist is out of town until next week. The Lord knew I didn't need to deal with that this week!

I had a complete meltdown and cried and cried and cried which made me feel much better!

Yesterday afternoon I take Millie and Sallie for haircuts. We get finished and go to Wal-Mart. Get in WM and have just a few items and notice that Millie has my debit card so I take it and look through my purse to see if she has gotten anything else out. I can't find my keys. Put my items back, go back to the car and they are sitting in Millie's carseat. It gets better-I am not sure if we have ever had a spare key to the van but we don't have one now. One hour and $45 later a locksmith opens my car! I am thankful that I realized they were locked inside before I had a buggy full of groceries and I am thankful Lizzie was not with me because she is a very concerned child and she would be talking about the man getting in our car for a long time!!! It was a good thing I had already had my meltdown and so I chose to laugh instead of cry (the laughter only came after I was inside my car!)

A and I said goodbye to ER last night and we both shed our fair share of tears. We have watched it together for 14 years. I can't believe it is gone. It was our show. I know it is a TV show but... They had to show Dr. Green dying again-I never wanted to relive that! On top of that, a woman dying in childbirth and an elderly man watching his wife die. I had another good cry!

My favorite saying which my friend Shannon reminded me of yesterday-"this too shall pass!"

And because I am way overdue for pictures I leave with you with a good one of the priss that I have never posted

3 comments:

JGWmom said...

I am SOOOOO sorry!!! I do hope and pray all gets better REALLY soon! I read to Richard about Lizzy and the hearing aid...it sounded so familiar...Wesley does this to Graham's stuff ALOT lateley! We can so relate!!! You ARE blessed to have realized about your keys WHEN you did - a buggy full of groceries would not have been good!
Yes..."this too shall pass!!!" :)

Rebecca said...

First--I love the post title! Second--I have had a couple of those exact same episodes! Third--I know just what you need...be there in a few minutes.

The Hall's said...

Thanks Shannon! You know Sallie is usually my destructive one. Lizzie decided to start on a $2500 piece of equipment not covered by insurance!!!

Rebecca you did know just what I needed! AHHHH.... so good! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Love you both!