Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Check-ups, Christmas, and Cuteness

Millie and Lizzie went for their 2 and 3 year check-ups on Monday. It was much easier than it normally is! Taking 2 at one time can be a challenge but it is getting better and it gets it over with in one trip. I thought that Lizzie would not do well and that Millie would. Actually, they both did well but Lizzie did really well. She never cried and I couldn't believe it! She didn't want them to look into her nose but otherwise she was fine. She never even cried for her bloodwork! Millie did not want to get out of my lap and she cried but I held her for them to do everything and thankfully she was not hysterical! Our pediatrician retired and we loved him. We had the best pediatrician in AL and it took us a long time to find one here that we really liked and then we found Dr. Jeff and now he has retired. We saw a Dr who they have filling in for him and she was OK but not sure who we will end up with. We will for sure stay in the group but not sure which Dr we will end up with. They both got good reports. Millie weighs 25 lbs and is 36 inches tall. She is 90% on height and only 25 % on weight. So, according to the Dr. tall and lean! Lizzie weighs 34 lbs and is 38 1/2 inches tall. She is 75% on both height and weight so the Dr. said perfectly proportioned. They finished and Lizzie said "OK, now we can go to the bank!" That is the highlight of their Mondays! Since A gets paid by the church on Sundays we usually go to the bank on Monday and they love to ride to the bank and get suckers. Our bank is downtown which is out of the way but they there is a lot for them to look at and of course they love the suckers. The simple things that kids love!

Cheesing for me at the Dr's office

I bought my first Christmas present yesterday! I always start early but the past few years I have still had things to buy at the last minute and I am determined NOT to do that this year! I have my list and pretty much know what I am getting most everyone and I am going to buy a little each month and hopefully be done by the first of Dec. That is !my goal! We'll see! Hard to believe it is just over 4 months away.

I have to share my conversation with Lizzie a few days ago:
Lizzie: "Mama do you have makeup on?"
Me: "No"
Lizzie: "Well you need some on"
Me: "Why"
Lizzie: "Because I'm trying to make you cute!"
SHE IS GREAT FOR THE EGO!!!

I also overheard her saying this on a pretend phone:
"Daddy, you need to come home and spank Sallie and Millie is being whiny and I am being sweet!"

2 comments:

JGWmom said...

Glad their checkups went well! We found out when we took Wesley last Fri. that Wesley is due 4 shots...that will not be fun! They are TOO cute "cheesing"! I love Lizzie's comments...TOO FUNNY! They melt our hearts and our egos! LOL! She is a mess!

Jason & Rebecca said...

Their dresses are too adorable and Lizzie keeps me laughing! Kids say the darnedest things...