Things have been really busy around our house lately. Nothing major going on just lots of little things. Sat nt I hosted supper club. A and the girls went on to Red Springs since it would be so late when we got finished and it is a long drive. I really needed some time go get some things done as well. I am so thankful for Aaron recognizing when I need that time and taking on our responsibility alone for a day!
A started back to class last week and is in full force! I feel it! We all do! I just keep telling myself that we can endure anything for 8 more months!!! I just don't know how he has the energy to do it all. Well, yes I do. It is all from the Lord!!!
We start back to school on Monday. We are busy trying to play a lot this week! It is nice to get out and do some things while schools are back in session. Everywhere is much less crowded!
I want to end on a note about encouragement. I have really been struggling with some things lately. Life is just hard sometimes. I reluctantly say that because so there are so many people all over the world with so many issues to deal with that I do not feel worthy to say that but it is just the truth that I have been struggling emotionally. Life feels a little overwhelming right now with the anticipation of it getting more overwhelming soon and I just am not dealing with it well. I am working on it but sometimes I just want to throw up my hands and say I can't do it all. I know you have all been there. There are days when I just long for help! God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who is so much help to me but it is also hard for me to place more on him so sometimes I just wish we had a little help! I know there are so many of you who read my blog and are far away from family and you feel my pain! When I stopped working at the Seminary and came home to be with the girls, my office gave me a glass jar filled with notes from all of my co-workers and a Target gift card. I greatly appreciated the gift card but those notes of encouragement will last forever. This morning I was sitting on my bed and I noticed the jar which 2 plus years later still sits on our dresser and I got it down and I read every one of those notes and it made my day. They were all so encouraging and it reminded me of that time of transition and it reminded me of people who cared and still care so much for me and it meant a lot to me over 2 years later and I know that over the years those notes will always mean a lot to me. So, to my old co-workers who read the blog-you encouraged me today and didn't even know it! This also made me realize how important it is for me to be an encouragement to others. Another thing it reminded me is to keep notes of encouragement we receive and when life is tough, read them, and be encouraged!
3 comments:
I never new heavy equipment could be used with such priss.
A
I LOVE your dining room!!! Your wall color IS beautiful and I love your red accents with it! Your table looks SO pretty, too! I knew it would be! :) I'm glad you were able to have that night! I know it was good for you! I also know what you mean about being encouraged by your notes! In our move, I was able to go through some boxes (I need to go through more!) to consolidate and somewhat organize and I found my cards, both birthday and "going away" from the Business Office. They were SO encouraging! I am praying for you and please don't hesitate to call me if you need to...or just want to!!! :)
Love You!!!
P.S. I love "hippy" Lizzie and I love them playing with the trucks...TOO cute! (Of course, I could never get pics of the boys playing with kitchens or dolls...Richard would have a cow!!!LOL)
Thank you so much Shannon! I know you are always there and am so blessed to have you as a friend!
A's mom has pics of him playing with dolls and pushing doll strollers. We say it made him a good daddy!!!
Post a Comment