I know, I know I posted more snow pics than one blog should allow on my last post BUT 1) we got lots more snow after those were taken 2) because we aren't accustomed to snow, we go crazy! 3) I love snow pics and 4) this was the largest snowfall in history in one day in DFW so I have to document history! These were all taken in our yard and neighborhood on Friday morning.

The trees were BEAUTIFUL!



I am currently (in my spare time) reading Beth Moore's new book So Long, Insecurity http://www.solonginsecurity.com/ I have not had much time to get very far into it but so far it is really good. I do not consider myself to be a really insecure person but we all have insecurities and this book has pointed out some to me that I didn't even realize I had until it made me think about it. I highly recommend it for any woman (or man!). I am anxious to finish reading it so Elleigh can read it and maybe by then A will have some free reading time! I think it would be a good read for men for them to realize some of the struggles women face with insecurity. Check it out!
Having lived the last 5 plus years in TX we have grown to love brisket or beef bbq. For a couple of years I have used the same recipe to cook mine and it was good but I am always looking for new recipes. Our church had our annual widow/widowers Valentine's banquet on Saturday night and we had brisket and the fixins'. We had volunteered to cook 2 briskets so when Pioneer Woman posted her brisket recipe I knew we had to try it! We did and I will probably never use another brisket recipe again! It was wonderful. My sister Connie loves brisket so I wanted her to have this recipe and I thought some of you might want it as well so here it is:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/brisket_baby/ We were not able to marinate it for as long as the recipe says but we did marinate for about 8 hours and it was really good. Next time we want to marinate for the full time to see if there is a difference.
Now for the bragging!
Our first born who we are so proud of has been chosen to be an acteen staffer at GA camp this summer!!!
Back in December she found out about this opportunity. 7th-12th graders can apply but we were told that 7th graders are normally not chosen. She really wanted to apply and so we encouraged her to go for it and if it was God's will she would be chosen this year and if not it would be great experience. She applied which meant answering lots of questions concerning her experience and spiritual maturity. She had to have a recommendation letter which she got from the lady who heads up Good News Club since Ell has taught for a couple of years and currently is teaching in 2 schools each week. Several weeks ago she had to attend a 5 hour evaluation. There were around 45 applicants and they would only be choosing 25. There were three 7th graders who applied and the majority of the other applicants had been acteen staffers in the past. So, looking at the numbers it appeared that she might not be chosen this year. She understood that and said if not she would just apply again next year. Of course, deep down she would have been disappointed but not devastated! She (we) waited a little over 2 weeks for the letter to come with their decision and she got the letter on Fri afternoon that she had been chosen! She is SO MUCH like her Daddy that she was excited but if you did not know her really well you would not know it! However, she has talked about it a lot since then! She will go to 2 weekend retreats between now and June for training and to prepare for camp which will be in June. We are so proud of her and I am bragging BUT it is all GOD! Our prayers are that she will allow HIM to use her in a mighty way to minister to those GA girls at camp this summer. Not sure exactly what she will be doing at this point but her heart is really in teaching so she would love to be chosen to teach but we know God will use her in whatever position she is placed in. WE LOVE YOU ELLEIGH! Keep taking a stand for HIM and allowing HIM to guide your decisions! Elleigh's life verse right now is "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I Timothy 4:12 I pray that you continue to live by this verse and never let anyone look down on you and that you are an example of what he has called you to be in all areas of your life! You are an example to your mama and daddy sweet girl! Still to come at some point this week will be our Valentine's celebrations!
2 comments:
Thank you so much mama!I love you!I only hope that I can be half the woman you are!
Oh yeah mama your Brisket recipe is the BOMB!
Post a Comment