In 5 short months from now Aaron and I will be here
Yes, I am going to Africa!
We have talked about this for a while and I guess since A told the church last night that I will be going with him, then I WILL be going with him! This trip is a one that he will head up and several of our members are going on as well as a couple of other people from different churches.
The picture below (which is not dated correctly) is of some of the children with the dolls that the ladies in our church make. They make the dolls and then they are taken to Africa along with a picture of who made them and a letter promising to pray for them. These children have nothing and are thrilled to receive these dolls. Our members also can adopt the dolls for a time before they are taken to Africa and they pray for the child that will receive the doll. Thank you God for allowing us to be part of a church that is incredibly missions minded.
A expressed to me as soon as he came back last summer that he wanted me to go with him this year. I really wanted to but there is so much to be worked out but I really got a peace that God would work out all the details and I just had to commit to go.
I admit this is WAY out of my comfort zone on so many levels! First of all the thought of leaving my children for 2 weeks makes me SICK! Really, it does. Please pray for me. The girls will go to AL and spend time with family and I know that they will spoil them and keep them entertained but I have only been away from Lizzie and Millie for 1 night and it will be hard on all of us. Pray for a peace that can only come from God. Pray for Elleigh who SO wants to be in Africa with us! Aaron will be going at least once a year so we told her she could go next time. She is so anxious to get back to the people.
Please pray for my heart to be completely broken for these people, especially the women. We had share time last night at church with the team that just got back and one of the men was telling us about a lady who was praying to receive Christ and she said, "thank you for dying to save us all, even women." That got me! These women have no self worth. They are mistreated and used by the men in their lives (something I can't possibly understand). They need to know that their self worth comes from HIM! One of the ladies shared that she went back to visit a lady who was saved last fall on a trip and that she was now HIV positive and pregnant. Her husband had gotten her pregnant, left her HIV positive, and left her which is the norm. One of the greatest needs on these trips is women to go and lead Bible studies with these ladies and I need you to pray that I will have the words to say to them that HE would have me to say.
We are going to have many many prayer requests and I will be adding more I am sure as time gets closer but those are just a few things that are weighing on my mind right now and that are part of my current preparations. I need to mentally get in a good mindset about leaving the girls and I need to seek Him for wisdom in dealing with these suffering women.
OH, also I cry every time I see a picture of the kids SO you might want to pray that I do not kidnap any of them to bring back with me. Seriously!
Below is a video with the song God of this City by Chris Tomlin. I love this song! Aaron used it on his slideshow when he did his presentation to the church after getting back and one of the ladies last night had used it again. This video is not either of those but just one I found on you tube. The words are wonderful and I feel like I will be listening to this a lot over the next months. It makes me want to jump on a plane right now (while crying like crazy)!
Yes, I am going to Africa!We have talked about this for a while and I guess since A told the church last night that I will be going with him, then I WILL be going with him! This trip is a one that he will head up and several of our members are going on as well as a couple of other people from different churches.
The picture below (which is not dated correctly) is of some of the children with the dolls that the ladies in our church make. They make the dolls and then they are taken to Africa along with a picture of who made them and a letter promising to pray for them. These children have nothing and are thrilled to receive these dolls. Our members also can adopt the dolls for a time before they are taken to Africa and they pray for the child that will receive the doll. Thank you God for allowing us to be part of a church that is incredibly missions minded.
A expressed to me as soon as he came back last summer that he wanted me to go with him this year. I really wanted to but there is so much to be worked out but I really got a peace that God would work out all the details and I just had to commit to go.I admit this is WAY out of my comfort zone on so many levels! First of all the thought of leaving my children for 2 weeks makes me SICK! Really, it does. Please pray for me. The girls will go to AL and spend time with family and I know that they will spoil them and keep them entertained but I have only been away from Lizzie and Millie for 1 night and it will be hard on all of us. Pray for a peace that can only come from God. Pray for Elleigh who SO wants to be in Africa with us! Aaron will be going at least once a year so we told her she could go next time. She is so anxious to get back to the people.
Please pray for my heart to be completely broken for these people, especially the women. We had share time last night at church with the team that just got back and one of the men was telling us about a lady who was praying to receive Christ and she said, "thank you for dying to save us all, even women." That got me! These women have no self worth. They are mistreated and used by the men in their lives (something I can't possibly understand). They need to know that their self worth comes from HIM! One of the ladies shared that she went back to visit a lady who was saved last fall on a trip and that she was now HIV positive and pregnant. Her husband had gotten her pregnant, left her HIV positive, and left her which is the norm. One of the greatest needs on these trips is women to go and lead Bible studies with these ladies and I need you to pray that I will have the words to say to them that HE would have me to say.
We are going to have many many prayer requests and I will be adding more I am sure as time gets closer but those are just a few things that are weighing on my mind right now and that are part of my current preparations. I need to mentally get in a good mindset about leaving the girls and I need to seek Him for wisdom in dealing with these suffering women.
OH, also I cry every time I see a picture of the kids SO you might want to pray that I do not kidnap any of them to bring back with me. Seriously!
Below is a video with the song God of this City by Chris Tomlin. I love this song! Aaron used it on his slideshow when he did his presentation to the church after getting back and one of the ladies last night had used it again. This video is not either of those but just one I found on you tube. The words are wonderful and I feel like I will be listening to this a lot over the next months. It makes me want to jump on a plane right now (while crying like crazy)!
2 comments:
I am SO excited for you!!! And, I will certainly be praying!!! I know God will use you beyond your wildest dreams!!! He always does when we let go and let Him! And I know as hard as it will be, you will! I also LOVE the doll project your church does...that is awesome!
Also, thank you so much for your prayers for me too! I had a wonderful time with our ladies, Mon. nite. I hope they did. We will do it again the first of May. Also, we start GPS this week (God's Plan for Sharing - it is an SBC thing, not sure if y'all have heard about it.) We begin with prayer walking/driving Sat. and then the next 2 weeks going door to door sharing Christ and giving out packs with our church info and an invite to Easter service. We will then do follow up visits after Easter. Many in our church are involved and I just cannot wait to see God move!!!
Thank you for being my sister in Christ and in the ministry! I love you!!! :)
Thank you so much Shannon! Your encouragement means so much to me. You are always so sweet to comment, to encourage, and to PRAY! I am very thankful that God gives us Christian sisters to help us with our journey and THANKFUL that you are one of the ones HE gave to me! SO excited things went well on Monday. TX is doing something very similar right now but it is called Hope 2010. Our association is participating in that and the goal is to get into every house by Easter.
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment