A is off most Fridays (at least part of the day). Usually we have a million things to do. This past Friday we had plenty we needed to do but we decided just to do some things we all enjoy instead. A loves working in the garden so he planted a few more things he had not yet planted. I think we have everything planted now except eggplant and tomatoes. The lack of rain, the really cold temps we had right after we planted, and the armadillo we can’t keep out of the garden have all been challenges but we are finally starting to see some results!
The lettuces and other greens are really beginning to produce. I am not sure of the type of lettuce below but it is really good.
English peas are sprouting
Our first salad from our garden! The girls have really gotten into it from the very beginning and they help A in the garden so it has been neat for them to watch things grow and interestingly they seem to eat it better! Everything is organic too. We have not used any pesticides or chemicals. A uses coffee grounds to balance the soil.
A decided we would have a campout in the back yard. This is always very exciting to the girls!
It is rare for us to just stop and look at the sunset. Beautiful!
One of my favorite things about TX and especially out in the area we are in now, is that the sky opens up and you can see for miles and miles. It is really pretty at sunset.
I wish I could get a picture of the sky at night. There is a song which everyone who has spent any time in TX knows and it says “the stars at night are big and bright, Deep in the Heart of Texas” It is very true! Sallie, Lizzie, and Millie got in the tent to try and go to sleep and A, Ell, and I just sat outside looking at the stars. The little girls couldn’t go to sleep though because they were so intrigued by the sky as well. It really is breath-taking.
Every campout MUST have smores!
Sat morning Millie woke up early crying with an earache. Here she is on drugs!
Uh YES, those are angel wings!
Still gotta take care of babies in tutus!
Our Fun Friday turned quickly into a not so fun Saturday. As soon as the meds wore off Millie was crying with her ear again. I called our Pediatrician’s office and they had already stopped taking sick patients. So, we decided to take her on to an urgent care because she was running fever and really crying with her ear. I am so glad we did. The Dr said it was a really bad infection and that she felt sure her eardrum would burst. We have been through a lot of sick kiddos and of course ear issues are second nature to us but it was really bad. She screamed like crazy for a lot of Sat afternoon and night. We think the eardrum was bursting during that time. The Dr gave us tylenol with codeine because she knew the pain would be so bad. It took us a little while to get the pain under control. Of course we also got an antibiotic and a decongestant. She is better today but we are keeping her medicated. I am home with her from church which is why I am blogging on Sunday. That normally would never happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment